C5 z06 vs 07 GT500

Jack Burton

Established Member
Just looking to get an idea of how I would do. I'm thinking that I'll probably lose, but just trying to get an idea of how things should stack up. The race would be at a track. My car is a 2003 z06 with halltech venom intake and DHM cutouts. Will probably get it tuned before I bring it to the track. The other car is a 07 GT500 with pulley, intake, axle back exhaust, and tune. He said he is putting down 535rwhp and ran in the bottom 12's @ 118. The GT500 is also on stock suspension and 20's. I don't think I would necessarily win, but I think I could give him a good run. It's not a grudge match or anything like that, just for fun.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
If you got the driver mod you should be able to out launch him, especially if he has low pros on those 20s. If you can hit all the gears and keep the tires on the ground you should be right with him. Good luck on the race

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yeah, his launch is weak...and yes, he does have low pro nittos on the 20's. I can drive pretty well (not as good as Ranger lol), so I should do alright with that portion. I'd be happy if I can just hang, especially considering I'll be at a huge hp advantage. Maybe I'll wait till I get some drag radials, not sure how well the stock goodyears will work.

GTRdone

Established Member
Good luck and let us know what the outcome is. You'll get him out of the hole most likely and then he won't pull on you until the last 100 ft if he even does at all... given everything goes as planned.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Pullied GT500s are all about the driver, tire and suspension. They can run anywhere from mid 12s to mid 10s. Let us know the outcome.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
if the GT500 can drive good, and hooks half decent, you might be ****ed, but if he spins as I bet he will, you should be good to go in the 1/8, just stay in it good and the 1/4 should come with him in your side view :)

dav

Established Member
I had a 06 c6 with some bolt ons that was around 383 rwhp and I ran low 12.3@117. it ran 12.7@112 with just a cai and tune. Not a c5 z06, but fairly close. stock for stock. should give you an idea of you should do.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Sounding good so far, seems like it is going to be a drivers race. Getting my cutouts installed on Friday. From what I've read, they seem to pick up a 10hp/10tq (roughly, it varies) gain. Not much, but every little bit helps if it holds true.

StangJason

Established Member
His 118mph trap sounds kind of low but it sounds as though he needs some stickier tires and a driver mod. Sounds like a drivers race with him getting a slight power to weight edge but ever so slight.

rb185afm

Established Member
My 02 Z06 bone stock hit 12.2's. But averaged 12.4 -12.5 's. So you have a shot if you run great and he F's up a little bit.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
should be fun...
My 04 Z06 with Intake, Lt's and Tune went 12.41 @ 116 @ a 2700ft sea level track...
just some more times...

Users who are viewing this thread