C5, Supercharged 350z, and a Mach 1

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
So i went to the local runs after a long time and a few of the guys bought new cars. My car is a 04 Mach with a o/r xpipe and a magnapack c/b and it makes 290/309. The first run was a C5 with full exhaust. We went from a 70 mph roll in 3rd gear 2 times and the outcome was the same. We would stay dead even all of third and in 4th he would start pulling and i ended up losing by a car and a half.

The second run was vs a supercharged 350z. I don't know the exact mods but the car weighs 3160 and puts down 377rwhp. We ran from a 70 roll in 3rd. I jumped out on the hit and we hit 4th and he pulled dead even. By the the time we shit down my front bumper was by his rear wheel.

The third car was a mach 1 with full suspension and no power mods. I finally got to do a 2nd gear at 50 with the mach. We hit it and i pull about a car through 2nd hit 3rd pull another car and i short shifted 3rd at 6k:coolman: and ended up beating him by about 3-3 and a half cars and still pulling.:burnout:

I raced a full bolt on ls1 that makes 352/363 but he says he didnt have traction. I ran him from a 50 mph roll and i beat him by 2-3 cars twice.

wma8706

Established Member
So this is in an exhaust only Mach1? good kill but quite surprised by the outcome. Especially the sc350z and full bolt-on LS1. Those cars on paper should easily walk you.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Nice runs but I agree that they seem a little off. Maybe the driver mod on the Z? The Vette race seems legit but to beat a full bolt on LS1 by 3 cars is crazy. I know Ive read on here your car is a bit of a freak but those are freaky outcomes even for a freak LOL.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
:bs: Sorry I have a hard time believing this. The C5 should have walked you harder. Full exhuast on an LS1 vette will make a few dozen more rwhp than you are and it weighs less. The supercharged 350z story is outlandish also. 370 rwhp vs 290 and he only beat you by 3/4 a car:rollseyes. And then the full bolt on LS1.............:kaboom:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Nice runs but I agree that they seem a little off. Maybe the driver mod on the Z? The Vette race seems legit but to beat a full bolt on LS1 by 3 cars is crazy. I know Ive read on here your car is a bit of a freak but those are freaky outcomes even for a freak LOL.

I agree that the outcomes seem a bit farfetched- also the Vette definately should have pulled a lot harder.

Plus 290, RWHP is NOT a freak:nonono:

Last edited:

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Yep I have to call BS also. I just sold my mach that made 331/337 and I got walked hard by my buddies Full exhaust FRC C5. Also the Z is not even believable. It weighs about 300lbs less and makes 70 more horse and he only beat you by that small margin. YEAH OK!!! This is why I dont post kills without vids. NO PROOF!!!

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
good kill AJ!

but like you tell me...thats not the norm! dnt be happy cuz you beat a car your not supposed to! n blah blah blah

it was a fun night! :beer:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
oh and nothing is :bs:

...i was there and can vouche for all the runs! :rockon:

the OPs car runs extremely good for having only midpipe/catback!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
good kill AJ!

but like you tell me...thats not the norm! dnt be happy cuz you beat a car your not supposed to! n blah blah blah
it was a fun night! :beer:

Not at all...I've said this before. When you kill a car that should own you is the best victories. I've heard the same things about my car- most Machs seem to run stronger than paper would indicate. There are many LSX and Cobra guys out there that can confirm this:beer:

Devil_Z

Established Member
They said they won't get traction from a second gear roll and there was alot of traffic on the freeway(bay area for you).

A C5 with just exhaust shouldn't really have traction issues in 2nd gear unless his tires are extremely bad.

Turrry

is back in black
Established Member
Sounds like everyone you raced needs SERIOUS driver mod...I would think a stock LS1 would be able to very easily hang with you if you are only making 290whp, but anything can happen on the street. Chalk up the victories and keep safe.

Users who are viewing this thread