C4 Transmission speedometer sending unit

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I have a C4 transmission and want my spedometer to work. What do I need to make this work with my OEM gauges? I can't seem to find the right sending unit or any information on this anywhere. I did a search, but every word I tried to use it said it was too common and omitted LOL

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
You can machine the tail housing to accept the stock T56 trigger and then put the trigger wheel on your output shaft. That would be my first choice, your other would be get a universal trigger and wheel and place the trigger on your DS, axle, or pinion flange; then mount the trigger the set distance from it. Then you just need to splice into your harness at the right pin. Like i said i would put it in the tail housing first.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Just ordered a sensor that should work after lots of searching around. Must have called 20 shops today, but finally came upon this number that's sending me what I need. It's only an 8 pulse sensor so I'll have to have my rear gear adjusted accordingly obviously. It's only $45 shipped :)

Spedometer Services of Milwaukee:

414 463 6660
http://www.speedometersolutions.com/

Being shipped out on Monday. I'll try to have it installed by the end of next week. Will post results...

Last edited:

westsiderkg

Established Member
Any updates guys on the speedo??? I'm in the same boat and anxiously awaiting the results. It would be great if someone could post a detailed install guide with photos.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I'll see what I can do when the part comes in. I think it should be in today or tomorrow. My speedo will read about 1/3 my actual MPH until I get the rear gear ratio changed in the tune because the pulse rate of the sensor is about a 1/3 less than stock.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Any updates?

I'm in VA camping with the girlfriend and her family but I finally got ahold of the company and after tracing the tracking number, apparently it got dropped off to the front desk at my apartment complex (which has never happened before). If it is actually there I'll be able to try it out on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

westsiderkg

Established Member
Since we are on this subject…Do you guys with the C4 have your odometer hooked up? Mine currently isn’t and needs to be. Any ideas how to reconnect the odometer before I spend time searching through the 6” thick service manual for ideas???

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Since we are on this subject…Do you guys with the C4 have your odometer hooked up? Mine currently isn’t and needs to be. Any ideas how to reconnect the odometer before I spend time searching through the 6” thick service manual for ideas???

There is no way for the odometer to work if your speedometer doesn't work... It knows how far you have gone by the number of pulses it sends to the computer from the same sensor that it gets the MPH from. Fix one, fix both.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Makes sense. Ever get that part?

Yep... just picked it up. I've got work til about 5:30 then I'll go home and see what I can do. This is what it looks like. I don't remember what anything looks like underneath the car as far as sensors go so I couldn't tell you if this is going to work or not yet.

0706091151.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread