C4- How to properly use, I am new to the automatics

silverserpant

Established Member
I just picked up a Pro Formance c4 competition with transbrake and a 4000 stall. This is my first manual reverse valve body and transbrake and would like to know all the do's and don't for both the street and track.

I got a bunch of parts with it including a cooler, chromoly driveshaft, rachet shifter. everything but the flex plate. I know regular fluid changes are a must to keep it fresh and cool, but just want to enjoy this tranny to its potential properly.

Thanks for any input on this guys.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
the one thing I never really liked about the reverse manual valve body is not being able to go into neutral at the end of the run

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I just picked up a Pro Formance c4 competition with transbrake and a 4000 stall. This is my first manual reverse valve body and transbrake and would like to know all the do's and don't for both the street and track.

I got a bunch of parts with it including a cooler, chromoly driveshaft, rachet shifter. everything but the flex plate. I know regular fluid changes are a must to keep it fresh and cool, but just want to enjoy this tranny to its potential properly.

Thanks for any input on this guys.

I run a C4 in my 04 i just drive like normal and use good trans fluid. I use Allison trans fluid

the one thing I never really liked about the reverse manual valve body is not being able to go into neutral at the end of the run

You don't wanna shift to neutral after a pass. The drum over spins and can come apart. Neutral after pass?? - Yellow Bullet Forums This is for a glide but read what they say about 3-speeds

Users who are viewing this thread