C&R Radiators vs ?

mattg1024

Established Member
So long story short I've now had 3 C&R Ultra High performance radiators leak in the exact same spot in a 2yr span. (Less than 4,000 miles) They were nice enough to warranty one, but I'm done with them. They admitted to having an issue with the GT500 platform, said it was fixed, but obviously it's not.

That said, what radiators are you guys running that you've had no issues with?

stsltd

Established Member
So long story short I've now had 3 C&R Ultra High performance radiators leak in the exact same spot in a 2yr span. (Less than 4,000 miles) They were nice enough to warranty one, but I'm done with them. They admitted to having an issue with the GT500 platform, said it was fixed, but obviously it's not.

That said, what radiators are you guys running that you've had no issues with?

I am on my third one also - they indicated that they had issues, primarily with convertibles - not sure that made any sense, but anyway, they said they have redesigned the unit and offered a discount ( not great but better than nothing) so I figured I would try it - definitely the last one....

other than leaking, which is a big deal and a pain in the butt and wallet, they really do work - so I will be curious what other responses are to this thread - are there any viable alternatives?

mattg1024

Established Member
I was told the same thing about convertibles, they said they can twist more and cause it. Same thing with power output in the coupes (I'm around 800hp)
I sent Mishimoto an email earlier today to see if they have any known issues with the GT500s. I friend of mine has one in his with no issues, but he is around 600hp. They look very similar to the C&R, cost $250-$330 and have a lifetime warranty.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I think AFCO and Fluidyne both make radiators for the GT500. I don't have experiences with either one. Lethal sells the Fluidyne one for about $500.

SirShaun

Established Member
Whats wrong with the OEM/stock radiator? Honest question, I didn't know radiators were a huge upgrade for these cars.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
As long as ive been in the GT500 scene, ive never known them to be in need of an upgrade. For something as critical as a radiator, id stick with oem. A Reische 170 degree t stat and custom fan logic via tune is a better route i think.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
As long as ive been in the GT500 scene, ive never known them to be in need of an upgrade. For something as critical as a radiator, id stick with oem. A Reische 170 degree t stat and custom fan logic via tune is a better route i think.

This plus a good fanned HE has kept me cool on numerous open track days.

mattg1024

Established Member
The car had a C&R in it when I got it, only reason I replaced it with that. I have the HE from them with no issues. Going to go back to the stock radiator.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I've not had problems with mine, yet. Where exactly are the leaks occurring? Tank, core, seams?

fullboogie

Established Member
OEM here too. Lots of mods and driving in stop/go traffic in Houston in the heat of summer my car rarely gets above 180 with the 170 thermostat. I can see the need for a track car, though.

Users who are viewing this thread