C&L upper

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Ok it is xmas and I have a decision of what mod to get. I have a ported Heaton and 6# lower. I also run an accufab T/B. Bottom line is.....Is this mod worth it and will it require adding fuel(AKA re-tune). :shrug:

ShockTherapy

Established Member
What are your other mods? With my stock plenum and intake elbow my best MPH in the 1/4 was a 108. I added the C&L plenum and C&L elbow and have gone a best of 110 MPH since. I was at 416 RWHP with the stock plenum/elbow, and I need to re-dyno with the C&L pieces, but I suspect I will be around 435 RWHP now.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
What are your other mods? With my stock plenum and intake elbow my best MPH in the 1/4 was a 108. I added the C&L plenum and C&L elbow and have gone a best of 110 MPH since. I was at 416 RWHP with the stock plenum/elbow, and I need to re-dyno with the C&L pieces, but I suspect I will be around 435 RWHP now.

I have an Efan,FTVB, traction bars,pinion snubber, weight reduction at track(Pull pass. seat out)along w/ removed hitch. I run 110 octane and of course slicks.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Damn Shock Therapy, I wonder what my HP will be going the same route as you. I just threw on the accufab TB today and the #6 lower. Hopefully with the C&L and some tuning, a 12.0xx will be around the corner.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Please let us know the results. Also, take your stock rubber elbow with you and test it both ways. I know the plenum is a huge improvement, but my truck lost power with the C&L inlet. Let us know what happens.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
H46D said:
I have an Efan,FTVB, traction bars,pinion snubber, weight reduction at track(Pull pass. seat out)along w/ removed hitch. I run 110 octane and of course slicks.

OK. I am running full weight minus the spare and hitch (4800 lb with me in the truck.) Also, I am running my street tune with 93 pump gas, and adding a little toluene at the track to bump up the octane.

Most people I have seen gain about 10+ RWHP with the C&L plenum. I think it is a very good $$$/HP mod.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
ITHAULS said:
Please let us know the results. Also, take your stock rubber elbow with you and test it both ways. I know the plenum is a huge improvement, but my truck lost power with the C&L inlet. Let us know what happens.

I definitely will. I was thinking about putting the stock elbow on and dynoing with just the C&L plenum 1st after reading your post, then adding the elbow on another run. That seems very odd that you lost HP, but sometimes that is what happens, and it's hard to explain, especially with a piece like that.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
I definitely will. I was thinking about putting the stock elbow on and dynoing with just the C&L plenum 1st after reading your post, then adding the elbow on another run. That seems very odd that you lost HP, but sometimes that is what happens, and it's hard to explain, especially with a piece like that.
That would be super cool. I'd like to know if it's just me, and it'll only take 5 minutes once it's strapped down. I can't wait to hear the results!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
H46D said:
Ok it is xmas and I have a decision of what mod to get. I have a ported Heaton and 6# lower. I also run an accufab T/B. Bottom line is.....Is this mod worth it and will it require adding fuel(AKA re-tune). :shrug:

Something else to think about is JLP is putting out a power plenum for the eaton. They say it out flows the C&L.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Something else to think about is JLP is putting out a power plenum for the eaton. They say it out flows the C&L.

I cant justify spending 599.00 for a product w/ no results! Hell JLP got on f150.com and has yet to supply proof yet. HMMMMMMMMMMMM......Not buying it.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
H46D said:
I cant justify spending 599.00 for a product w/ no results! Hell JLP got on f150.com and has yet to supply proof yet. HMMMMMMMMMMMM......Not buying it.

I agree with you..... just throwing that option out there!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
H46D said:

but then again if the one for the eaton is anything like the one for the KB that they make it is going to be bada$$ :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread