C@L or Pro-M???

King

Established Member
Ok someone explain why the C@L factory replacement works and a flanged 95mm pro-m is a bad idea. Always liked the Pro-M stuff better than the C@L on the 5.0 stuff. What kinda tunning issues will i run into if any? Has anyone personally tried one? With stock or 2.8 pulley combos. Funny thing is DeMolet is selling a kit with one for $490. If this doesn't work why are they doing this? Will probably use a predator for tune anyway.

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
I run the C&L and like it. I have had some tuning issues with Pro-M on my supercharged Expedition.
I would not recommend you mix the combo: do not put the Densecharger with the C&L it'll run lean and somewhat goofy due to the 90 degree bend just before the MAF.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
The 95mm system for the 03/04 Cobras is the Pro-M calibration for UNDERHOOD, FILTER ON THE METER. There has been no problems with this setup.

I don't offer the metered system for the # 9 inner fender setup not because this setup won't work properly but because NOTHING has beat the factory meter with the # 9 setup.

The metered underhood systems are for guys saturating their meters.

Stay with the factory meter until it's saturated.

We've had no problems (except for a few miscals) with the other inner fender metered systems due to the fact that Pro-M bench flow matches to our systems for a 'ONE BEND' calibration. And you receive the actual bench flow data sheet for dyno tuning.

YOU CAN'T run a CAI with a C&L meter due to the fact that the meter uses the factory electronics and is NOT calibrated for a CAI.

The other aspect with the way we bench flow match the Pro-Ms is the versatility with respect to fuel injector sizing. You CAN'T recal the factory meter but anyone doing mods requiring bigger injectors can order the meter correctly calibrated for the bigger injectors.

It's denoted on the site about the meter saturation aspect and UNDERHOOD ONLY with the Pro-M.

I forgot to change the price with the new shield which should be $415. now and will get this corrected. (metered, shielded system)

Last edited:

BlownReaper

Banned
Neither.

They both suck. If you REALLY want a new MAF the only choice is the SCT MAF. But, there is no point in getting a new MAF until you have pegged the stocker, which is usually in the 490-510rwhp range. If your MAF isnt pegged there is no point whatsoever to getting a new MAF.

Users who are viewing this thread