C&L Intake and Accufab SBTB

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Is it worth it? If so, anybody have before and after dynos? And how difficult was the install? Thanks.

Dave

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is from an older post from me.

I am currently demoing the BBK unit on my truck for work. I too have an accufab that i normally run and to tell you the truth i kind of like the BBK better. Now in the looks department you can't go wrong with the Accufab. But in the performance department i kind of like the BBK. The unit is a twin 65mm blade, comes with a PRESET TPS, that alone was with it....and the linkange is flawless. I wish it were pollished but i am going to have mine coated in E coat if i keep it. I picked up three horses on the dyno yesterday between it, and the accufab....with my my new CnL upper.

here are the numbers

Stock plenum....accufab 456.4rwhp/ 551lbtq
CL upper.....accufab 468.9rwhp/ 565lbtqTq

stock plenum....BBK 459.2 rwhp/ 549 lbtq
CL Upper.....BBK 474.4/562.3 lbtq

All number were SAE corrected and the temps were in the low 40's with low humidity. I was running sunnoco 104 in the truck with the cold weather tune and 15 degrees of timing. Haven't been to the track yet but might be going tonight.

Jesse

FunLightningCpl

I hate SNOW
Established Member
I found the best thing about this set up is how it feels and sounds. When you hit it it will set you back in the seat alittle more and you get more blower whine(LOVE IT)

As far as installing it..Its about a 20 min job. Might not be a big bang for your buck mod but this is the same set up I run and I love it.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I guess I could have put my mods in my original post to help you guys make a decision.

I've got an Airraid intake, 4lb lower, Superchips chip tuned by Ed Clark, Magnaflow catback exhaust, and FTVB.

The opinions that I have gotten on my local board, www.tidewaterlightning.com/forums, has been a little of both sides. I was just hoping to see what ideas I could get from everybody else. Thanks for the replies so far, keep em coming.

zx12guy

Established Member
I'd throw a ported blower on next, then the plenum/tb.

Edit: Opps I just saw your post on TLOC, I'm sure somebody on there has a ported blower they can sale/trade ya for your stocker.

Last edited:

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I'm in the Western Branch area of Chesapeake.

I definitely want to do the ported blower but I need to get a beater first.

For those that have gotten the TB/Plenum, have you gotten a retune for your chip or just run it with the tune that you have?

Last edited:

sonicblustreak

Established Member
I'm in Joliff Woods. I was thinking of going with those mods next myself, let me know what you decide to, I would be really interested to know how it works out.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
sonicblustreak said:
I'm in Joliff Woods. I was thinking of going with those mods next myself, let me know what you decide to, I would be really interested to know how it works out.

I'm the guy that came over to Steve's house next door. I'll have to come by one day when I have more time to talk and I'll show you what all I have done.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread