srtlat

Established Member
What's your guys opinions to get more HP and what more costly

Swap over to c head or P&P a set of b heads? And maybe add some cams

Who one would cost more?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
C heads will make more usable power and be much cheaper. Unless you are planning to cram 25+ psi into those B heads the C heads will make for a much more enjoyable power band.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just a heads up, I would NEVER simply pick up a set if used heads and throw them on your engine.
Have them gone through/looked over first.

So yeah, you may find a set of C heads for $250, but they will cost you most than that in the long run, especially if you buy them that cheap (there's usually a reason)

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Agreed. An 03/04 set will more than likely need the exhaust seats replaced, you should get a valve job and the surface decked on any used set that was stock as well.

98-svt-stang

Established Member
I paid $1000 to get a pair of 1999 cobra heads reconditioned. That included disassembly, checking everything out, replacing all of the exhaust valve guides, resurfacing, a valve job, and reassembly. It would have be $780 if I didn't need valve guides. I also spent another $240 to have them install spark plug thread inserts. I was always scared stripping out the 4 thread heads.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nomoretickets

Established Member
100% go with C-Heads. The problem with B heads is they already flow too much. No intake velocity. If you want to cram an assload of boost through them, B heads will work fine. But short of that, C heads will just work better in every application. There is a C head write up in the stickys.

Users who are viewing this thread