C&D: Test Drives ZR1

SVTBMG

Banned
They are a good 3-4mph off what the Z is capable of and .3sec off as well. There are already several people that have run 131-133mph and 11.2's in their personal Z's. I think they had the "special tuned GTR" as well. All the vids I have seen have that car just barely hitting 120 and not 124mph, but it is still fast so F it. Then that 131mph trap for the 599 seems a bit high seeing as it has less power and torque and weighs 400lbs more then the ZR1. Motortrends 4 way drag race had it losing to the ZR1 by a couple of cars at the min.

On a side note the S7TT roles the F out! That mph is awesome but clearly has traction issues.

SVTBMG

Banned
i have yet to see a 131 + on a zr-1 viper acr yes but not zr-1

Just because you have not seen it yet does not mean it hasnt happened.
the Z is at the end of this video. There are two of his 4 runs on this video. People there said it ran as high as 133mph.
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/RaceVideoForumscom-ZR1_195915.htm"]RaceVideoForums.com ZR1 GTO Civette Mellon Tuning - Video[/ame]

Last edited:

JoePac

Established Member

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Just because you have not seen it yet does not mean it hasnt happened.
the Z is at the end of this video. There are two of his 4 runs on this video. People there said it ran as high as 133mph.
RaceVideoForums.com ZR1 GTO Civette Mellon Tuning - Video

that is the first vid i have seen yet of a ZR1 at the strip :thumbsup: that 131 mph is good for a low 10 second pass but he just smoked the hell out of the tires thru the 60 foot mark as he couldn't hook those 20 inch wheels :rollseyes: time to ditch those POS carbon ceramic brakes and bolt on some smaller wheels with some real tires

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
lol, ppl are sooo foolish. remember when the Zo6 came out and we saw vids on it running 11.70s stock and traping 124mph with good drivers. NOW we know that isnt crap compared to what it can do now.

now the Zr-1 hasnt been on the streets 3 weeks and this already?!? 131mph+ traps!?! @ 11.2, 11.3s already this early? this is amazing this early

SVTBMG

Banned
I don't care if Mickey Mouse said he ran a 133mph. I have too see it to believe it. So far no one has came close too that.:bs:

That is funny. He already ran over 131, and that was spinning out of the hole. You honestly think the car is not capable of hitting 133? That information was from the guy in the video that raced him in the silver GTO. He himself watched the car hit 133 on the last pass, so it happened Mr. Smarty pants Joe. So dont believe it if you like, but you will when you see one on the street, and flys by you like you are standing still. But anyway.

SVTBMG

Banned
that is the first vid i have seen yet of a ZR1 at the strip :thumbsup: that 131 mph is good for a low 10 second pass but he just smoked the hell out of the tires thru the 60 foot mark as he couldn't hook those 20 inch wheels :rollseyes: time to ditch those POS carbon ceramic brakes and bolt on some smaller wheels with some real tires

Ya it is a cool car, but come on te Brakes are awesome. My good friend has a tuning shop for vettes and his good customer just brought his in and he said the brakes make the car that much better. For all out drag racing they are not needed and a nice set of light drag brakes would be better but it is not meant to be a drag car. It out brakes damn every other car on the market.

On that note I would rather have your GT40 err 43:) I like the looks better and with a big 3.4L whipple that car would be a monster.

blacksrt

Established Member
I don't care if Mickey Mouse said he ran a 133mph. I have too see it to believe it. So far no one has came close too that.:bs:

Well, if you did watch the video, you did "see" it. :shrug:

MackCaddy

Established Member
Yeah I found an article saying they could have gotten faster times if they power shifted through the gears, but it's against their policy to do that.

Link :beer:

jleews6

Established Member
That video proves nothing because it was night time and the air is cooler at night and the DA was prbably way down and the stars were out and there might have been a tail wind.:lol1:

Thats for the people that just cant admit that the ZR1 is for real and it runs good. They will run high tens @134/35 in good air with a good driver.

Users who are viewing this thread