C&D GT500 vs. Z51 C6

stang22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You'll save 77lbs vs. the non NVH Fe iron block standard in the Shelby. As long as the trans as 26/30 spline input/output and I believe it does, you'll be fine. You will definitely need to do something about the driveshaft and rear differential, and you'll probably want to go with hardened steel 31 spline axles as well.
Glad to see someone will be holding the torch up high :beer:
Thanks brother! Can't wait for the vettes to show up next to me! :-D

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Lets have a show of hands of how many people think the GT500 will run 11's on stock tires...............................

Not many but the dillusionalists. Ranger is a driving phenom and if he was driving it I might change my opinion but hes not.

First thing tomorrow I'll stop by the psych ward to have myself evaluated, thanks for the reality check.
"Ranger", whoever the **** that is, isn't the only one who can bang gears. I'd bet Franklins to your Jacksons that Bob Cosby, Shawn Johnson, Brandon Alsept, Ken Bjonnes, etc etc could easily better his ETs in a same car, same day scenario.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
First thing tomorrow I'll stop by the psych ward to have myself evaluated, thanks for the reality check.
"Ranger", whoever the **** that is, isn't the only one who can bang gears. I'd bet Franklins to your Jacksons that Bob Cosby, Shawn Johnson, Brandon Alsept, Ken Bjonnes, etc etc could easily better his ETs in a same car, same day scenario.

:rolleyes:

Yeah ok :kaboom: he has the fastes times for both the C5 and C6 Z's and is not the only great driver. I got frankilns too chump. I dont know where you lost a nerve but I like the GT500 and for a second I thought we agreed on the ET's but maybe i was mistaken.

Anywho this horse is dead. We are wasting our time arguing because we can go on like this for the next month and a half or STFU and wait for the verdict.

I choose to argue! :rockon:

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Yeah ok :kaboom: he has the fastes times for both the C5 and C6 Z's and is not the only great driver. I got frankilns too chump. I dont know where you lost a nerve but I like the GT500 and for a second I thought we agreed on the ET's but maybe i was mistaken.

Anywho this horse is dead. We are wasting our time arguing because we can go on like this for the next month and a half or STFU and wait for the verdict.

LOL. Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply you didn't have money so to speak, just that I'm that confident that there are others in the world that are as good or better, that I'd be willing to bet more $ to less of yours.
I believe we are close to agreement on the ET issue. Regardless, you've been around long enough for me to realize anyway that you aren't a troll. Can't say the same for Betterthanu. I lost my nerve so to speak because I simply can't understand the blatant ignorance and hate for the car that trolls such as he have. Again, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's time this forum got on with helping enthusiasts (because the car will sell whether you, I, or anyone else likes it or not) instead of serving as a podium for bashers.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:

does he? here is the list again, this time only bone stock times under 12.

Vai------------1.xxx 60'--11.781 @ xxx.xx--xx/xx---Bone Stock
J-Rod --------1.818 60'--11.783 @ 116.90--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02)
Ranger -------1.78x 60'--11.818 @ 117.26--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02) Time Slip
Esoteric-------1.xxx 60'--11.93x @ 119.xx--xx/xx---Bone Stock
GMHTP--------1.90x 60'--11.97x @ 118.80--03/04--Bone Stock ('04)
02 Z06 Racer -1.xxx 60'--11.99x @ 117.61--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02)

both vai and j-rod have better bone stock c5 z06 times than ranger. and yet many people still believe the only driver worth a damn is ranger why?

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Holy shit why did I read all that! Betterthanu is one dumb mother ****er! I still have faith in the ol GT500 :-D

spddmn24

Established Member
jman345 said:
BetterthanU i said with slicks the shelby will run high 11s i never said with slicks it will run 12.2 thats bone stock im just pointing out that for 40 something grand thats one fast ass car like i said show me a car that can do that for 40something grand stock and ill buy it you cant there isnt one out there for that cheap that can do that thats my whole argument what part are you not getting?
A C6, hell even C5 Z06's were running 11's on the STOCK goodyears...

bluestreak89

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
does he? here is the list again, this time only bone stock times under 12.

Vai------------1.xxx 60'--11.781 @ xxx.xx--xx/xx---Bone Stock
J-Rod --------1.818 60'--11.783 @ 116.90--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02)
Ranger -------1.78x 60'--11.818 @ 117.26--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02) Time Slip
Esoteric-------1.xxx 60'--11.93x @ 119.xx--xx/xx---Bone Stock
GMHTP--------1.90x 60'--11.97x @ 118.80--03/04--Bone Stock ('04)
02 Z06 Racer -1.xxx 60'--11.99x @ 117.61--xx/xx--Bone Stock ('02)

both vai and j-rod have better bone stock c5 z06 times than ranger. and yet many people still believe the only driver worth a damn is ranger why?

I realize there are drivers out there who may be better, pro's even, fine ok, but it's not like they are all over the plce and its not like the are all on the list to buy a GT500 because chances are they already have a fast car and the GT500 is exactly cuting edge like the Z06 where everyone wants to have one.

Ok you have 6 times there with mid to high 60' times and like I said before a 3900lb car + stock tires, is a pain to get 1.8 60 ft, not impossible, but a pain. Six people ran 11's on bones stock Z06's, I expect that number to go down, maybe dissapear for the GT500.

And besides, the ease of ading 50 hp with a pulley swap etc will make it more tempting not to mod first anyways.

bluestreak89

Established Member
I also dont understand why you guys think this car will just roll into the 11's because it has 500 hp. The viper has 500 hp and more torque than the vette and has barely gotten vehicles there. It takes more than just HP to get to the 11's. Yeah great driver is a must too. But people are throwing it around like its a given and all the unsuspecting guys here will be very dissapointed when they run 12.5 12.7 because it will happen in more cases than any 11 sec slip.

I want more than anything for this car to crush the terminator, but still be realistic here. 11's on stock tires doesnt add up to me. This car will not beat a viper and not even a lot of vipers have gotten into the 11's on stock tires unmodded.

jman345

Banned
bluestreak the shelby must be capabale of getting in the 11s cause they already got a proto type in the 12.2 and from what i heard people say that the production ones are faster then the proto type cars. And spddmn if that is true that a C5 z06 can run 11s stock on goodyear tires then how come mag can get the new Z06 to only run low 11s stock makes no sense. Hell the fastest i seen a Ford GT go was 10.9 and that was with slicks.

BetterthanU

Banned
jman345 said:
bluestreak the shelby must be capabale of getting in the 11s cause they already got a proto type in the 12.2 and from what i heard people say that the production ones are faster then the proto type cars. And spddmn if that is true that a C5 z06 can run 11s stock on goodyear tires then how come mag can get the new Z06 to only run low 11s stock makes no sense. Hell the fastest i seen a Ford GT go was 10.9 and that was with slicks.

do you ever make a post without the numbers "12.2" in it? trust me, everyone on here is aware of the one time that seems to be much better than all the other current ones.
---Sit tight until folks get these off the lots and to the track....from allll the mags it doesn't look good so far, but.....I'm going to tone down my hubris for the meantime until people here get 'em to the track, maybe we all should.

(driven well, c5 Zs are low 12 sec cars.....very few get them into the 11.8s, etc.. on stock tires)

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
gonein60 said:
Put some 4:10's and an exhaust and your looking high 11's. Stock, I'm guessing 12.0-12.2 with a great driver. I'm starting to believe we're underestimating this monster.

I honestly believe some lightly modded GT500's are gonna own the road, except maybe to a Zo6.

I just hope the prices come down because I really want one bad. :coolman:

I think the perverbial Mustang enthusiast responds to this.. "Wait, I'm spending $50k and I still need to mod my car to handily beat a stock Corvette?"

Sorry, that's what I'm thinking ;)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I realize there are drivers out there who may be better, pro's even, fine ok, but it's not like they are all over the plce and its not like the are all on the list to buy a GT500 because chances are they already have a fast car and the GT500 is exactly cuting edge like the Z06 where everyone wants to have one.

Ok you have 6 times there with mid to high 60' times and like I said before a 3900lb car + stock tires, is a pain to get 1.8 60 ft, not impossible, but a pain. Six people ran 11's on bones stock Z06's, I expect that number to go down, maybe dissapear for the GT500.

And besides, the ease of ading 50 hp with a pulley swap etc will make it more tempting not to mod first anyways.

i understand that its difficult to do. i know that i cant not drive that well. but that does not dismiss that fact that 6 different drivers with 6 different stock z06's have hit 11's. to me this is more than just the ringers z06 can hit 11's. i honestly believe that if you take a great driver with good conditions any 405 horse z06 will break 11's bone stock.

with the gt500 i dont think this will be the case. most notable the weight balance, with so much weight on the wrong end, drivers will not be able to launch like they need to to hit 11's without sticky tires. the gt500 is a low 12's car. and as said earlier to save 3 tenths in the first 60 feet is no big deal with dr's or better yet et's. i think those drivers with stock gt500 and et streets will be able to pull a 11.7.

summation, the 405hp z06 is a high 11's car stock and the gt500 is a low 12's car stock. :beer:

BetterthanU

Banned
ON D BIT said:
i
summation, the 405hp z06 is a high 11's car stock

when only a handful of guys in the entire corvette community have ever pulled those times? I don't think an 03 cobra is a low 12 sec car, even though evan smith got one down to 12.3ish.

:shrug:

we may just have different definitions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread