Bypass kit for the supercharger

dfuzz78

The Thin Blue Line
Established Member
I did the boost by pass for about a week. Didn't like it so I took it off. If you do it, get a parts list (only 3 pieces). Don't buy it from mail order. They'll charge you $30 bucks for $5 bucks in parts!:nonono:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Goto RPMOutlet and look on the Lightning page. You will see the tab for doing it. They even list the part numbers. Try it for yourself. ID 10 is right though, it has nothing to do with your gar mileage. Hope this helps.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Originally posted by dfuzz78
I did the boost by pass for about a week. Didn't like it so I took it off. If you do it, get a parts list (only 3 pieces). Don't buy it from mail order. They'll charge you $30 bucks for $5 bucks in parts!:nonono:

Why didnt you like it?:dw:

dfuzz78

The Thin Blue Line
Established Member
Well, there were a couple of things. I didn't like the way it reacted during decelleration and the way it just held boost all the time. This truck is my daily driver and crusin down the highway with boost is not something I'm looking for. I'm glad the boost is there during WOT, but not constantly running. Now the plus that it did have came at WOT from a stop; during the shifts, it held the boost and launched the truck into the next gear. Now I'm not the guy that wants a 10 second truck, but I do like the HP. The only mods I have are the only ones I'll get. No chipping the puter, no high flow cats, headers, exhaust, upper or lower pulleys or FTVBs. Just my intake and filter. That makes me happy. I live in a very wet area and most of the time I spin the tires at a feathers touch of the throttle. Sorry for rambling, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread