Bye ZR1.. Hello, Z06 (Pics)

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Hey guys,

After about 3 years & 67k miles i retired my ZR1 and it's replacement arrived last week.. . So far so good!

1_zps8kfajdkn.jpg

DSC_0287_zps9yvov1i3.jpg

2_zpscywpyoju.jpg

3_zps7orml2sr.jpg

DSC_0263_zpsjvq1wy3h.jpg

7_zpso6oh7qyt.jpg

DSC_0306_zps1r4bdvpg.jpg

8_zpsdox3cbsu.jpg

DSC_0320_zpsxhehmkkn.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

Quite brazen, for a company that doesn't even own itself, to be telling people who basically bought the company from itself (U.S. Taxpayers), what to do with their cars. Chevy makes some cars that I really like, this being one of them. But the bailout didn't sit well with me. And stupid shit like this doesn't either.

Great looking car op. Can't wait to see what you do with it. And kudos, to actually driving the wheels off your zr1

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Thanks guys,

Looks sweet! May I ask why the trade.

Wanted something new., Additionally, i didn't want to have an out of warranty 100k mile ZR1 - on my hands (and that's where i was headed).

FAsnakes that's one bad ride! Do you get the A8 Automatic or 7 speed manual?

Thanks! picked up the 7 speed manual.

... kudos, to actually driving the wheels off your zr1
:beer:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Awesome, car looks great. Can't say I'd take one over the ZR1, but it is what it is. 100k ZR1 would definitely sit well with me, haha. Congrats OP, can't wait to see what you do with this one.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Nice! What are your impressions of the differences of the two thus far?

Here's a couple early impressions::
Note: I put around 67k miles on the ZR and have just around 1600 miles on the Z06.

performance (acceleration):
The ZR1 is faster

creature comforts & tech:
Hands down goes to the Z06., I really like the added connectivity of the SD cards and multiple USB slots. The color HUD, front and rear cameras, nav traffic, weather, selectable driver modes, digital dash and PDR is cool.

Also, the cooled / heated seats, removable roof, borderless rearview mirror, d-bottom wheel, storage cubby behind the radio and LED everything - IMO are welcome additions

fit finish:
Z06 enough said....
I have the 3LZ leather & sueded microfiber inserts - it's just better

styling (subjective):
Z06, i like the refreshed styling. .

fuel economy:
it's pretty much the same between the two

ride and driver feel:
Z06, the steering is buttery smooth and the ride feels more ridgid / together.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Best color bud. I see a white one by me every so often and they are so aggressive in person. What are your plans for this one mod wise? Tune intake and cooling mods are really all they need.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Here's a couple early impressions::
Note: I put around 67k miles on the ZR and have just around 1600 miles on the Z06.

performance (acceleration):
The ZR1 is faster

creature comforts & tech:
Hands down goes to the Z06., I really like the added connectivity of the SD cards and multiple USB slots. The color HUD, front and rear cameras, nav traffic, weather, selectable driver modes, digital dash and PDR is cool.

Also, the cooled / heated seats, removable roof, borderless rearview mirror, d-bottom wheel, storage cubby behind the radio and LED everything - IMO are welcome additions

fit finish:
Z06 enough said....
I have the 3LZ leather & sueded microfiber inserts - it's just better

styling (subjective):
Z06, i like the refreshed styling. .

fuel economy:
it's pretty much the same between the two

ride and driver feel:
Z06, the steering is buttery smooth and the ride feels more ridgid / together.

I haven't been keeping up with this stuff but the old ZR1 is faster than the new Z06? I would have figured the Z06 would beat it. Now that I think about it, I can't even recall the numbers for both cars...hmmmm

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Nice car! Would have been hard to get rid of the ZR1 for me but definitely not a bad situation to be in.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
So GM is using software licensing agreements as leverage over their customers? That's moree than enough reason to toss the shitpile right back to the dealership.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Best color bud. I see a white one by me every so often and they are so aggressive in person. What are your plans for this one mod wise? Tune intake and cooling mods are really all they need.

No performance mods planned in the near term - just enjoying it. . Who knows what down the line..

I haven't been keeping up with this stuff but the old ZR1 is faster than the new Z06? I would have figured the Z06 would beat it. Now that I think about it, I can't even recall the numbers for both cars...hmmmm

Yea, IMO the acceleration difference is marginal. But that ZR1 rolls the **** out up top.

Nice car! Would have been hard to get rid of the ZR1 for me but definitely not a bad situation to be in.
Yea, the ZR was a solid ride - but I was ready for something new.

Users who are viewing this thread