Bye bye clutch cable? Unexpected...

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
I wasn't having any problems with the cable or clutch itself until I downshifted from third gear into second and when I went to shift back up to third once I got into my power band I felt my clutch pedal completely shit out on me. I wasn't able to get the car into any gear so I had to roll into the nearest parking lot. I turned it off and let the car sit for at least ten minutes and I was able to get it into gears but the cable was way off and I was burning clutch the entire way home...I'm sure it was engaged the entire way home...Anyone have firsthand experience or know what I'm talking about? The worst part about it...it was just waxed the day before. NOOOOOOOO :bash:

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
cid0714091710.jpg

OH MY...what a nice little present!!! Hmmmmm what clutch to order...

divided

Established Member
I wasn't having any problems with the cable or clutch itself until I downshifted from third gear into second and when I went to shift back up to third once I got into my power band I felt my clutch pedal completely shit out on me. I wasn't able to get the car into any gear so I had to roll into the nearest parking lot. I turned it off and let the car sit for at least ten minutes and I was able to get it into gears but the cable was way off and I was burning clutch the entire way home...I'm sure it was engaged the entire way home...Anyone have firsthand experience or know what I'm talking about? The worst part about it...it was just waxed the day before. NOOOOOOOO :bash:

Same thing happened on my 03. Although It frayed and got worse and worse over 2 days, then became undriveable. Sucks, but at least it's not a big problem (in the scheme of things)

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
Should I go with a heavy duty clutch according to my 4.30 gears or is that just going to **** up my trans? I've heard the 03 assembly is the best out there for daily driving but I need something to support the gears.

Users who are viewing this thread