Bye bye 2.3

Jeff_03cobra

Established Member
Yeah that’s not going to happen. TVS 2300’s are still BA and worth every penny. Notice in the new VMP video Justin states there is NO difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 2.3’s? If anything, Whipple 4.0’s, KB prices and ported Eaton’s will be taking a price dive.
Hey can you message me?

stangfreak

Established Member
Never understand the Whipple 4.0. Yeah I’d be cool to say I have it. But you have to worry about snapping the crank. Then basically have a built motor to run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea man. Not sure what the shelby guys are doing. They seem to be running the big blowers. Not sure what iat temps they are seeing. I know the shop I go to did a 4.0 on a cobra and from what I gathered, the guy said its not a car to cruise around the street and have fun. Its strictly for the track. Not sure if he will keep it. I know too many guys who removed there 4.0 whipple. Heck, even jake took his off and went turbo. makes more sense

cj428mach

Established Member
My 2.65 is on the car and rough tuned in, but I don't have much time between work and my 8 month old. I never though I'd choose a girl over my car but with her I do, lol.

I did the J2Fab intercooler mod while I did the blower swap, most people that go J2Fab go trunk mounted tank. I wasn't excited about losing my spare tire and all the plumbing/drilling holes so I kept the under hood tank and added an extra tank the drivers side fender well.

Here's my LFP tank that I welded 1" hose barbs into, I also put the harbor freight powder coating kit to use on it after. It was perfect timing that I just bought a Tig welder a month earlier so this is my first project welding aluminum.
jios3b.jpg

LFP dual pass heat exchanger with 1" fittings welded in.
2w6dv6w.jpg

To get some extra coolant capacity I grabbed this 4 gallon tank from Summit to weld in fittings and mount in the drivers fender well. Unfortunately to get the fender liner to fit the way i wanted I had to cut the tank down to about 2.5 gallons.
2py6wwg.jpg

I swapped out my stock IC pump for the "budget" Davies Craig pump here is the pump to see the size.
2cgzhmo.jpg

snics0.jpg

I didn't want to cut into the factory wiring so I bought this injector adapter harness so I could make a direct plug in relay harness that would be triggered by the factory intercooler relay. I picked this up off ebay for $3.00 and cut the end off and wired it into a relay for the Davies Craig.
ix446h.jpg

If I can figure out how to upload my video I'll show the flow of the new pump.

Heres the new 2.65 on, I like to keep a belt guard on as I've had a belt break and it hit the hood. I could see my hood getting damaged for that, plus I think it looks better this way.
2872pma.jpg

I'm currently looking at dyno options but the local place wants $200 just for a few pulls no tuning or anything. That seems high so I'm trying to find some better options.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2.65 is on the car and rough tuned in, but I don't have much time between work and my 8 month old. I never though I'd choose a girl over my car but with her I do, lol.

I did the J2Fab intercooler mod while I did the blower swap, most people that go J2Fab go trunk mounted tank. I wasn't excited about losing my spare tire and all the plumbing/drilling holes so I kept the under hood tank and added an extra tank the drivers side fender well.

Here's my LFP tank that I welded 1" hose barbs into, I also put the harbor freight powder coating kit to use on it after. It was perfect timing that I just bought a Tig welder a month earlier so this is my first project welding aluminum.
View attachment 1505960

LFP dual pass heat exchanger with 1" fittings welded in.
View attachment 1505961

To get some extra coolant capacity I grabbed this 4 gallon tank from Summit to weld in fittings and mount in the drivers fender well. Unfortunately to get the fender liner to fit the way i wanted I had to cut the tank down to about 2.5 gallons.
View attachment 1505962

I swapped out my stock IC pump for the "budget" Davies Craig pump here is the pump to see the size.
View attachment 1505963
View attachment 1505964

I didn't want to cut into the factory wiring so I bought this injector adapter harness so I could make a direct plug in relay harness that would be triggered by the factory intercooler relay. I picked this up off ebay for $3.00 and cut the end off and wired it into a relay for the Davies Craig.
View attachment 1505965

If I can figure out how to upload my video I'll show the flow of the new pump.

Heres the new 2.65 on, I like to keep a belt guard on as I've had a belt break and it hit the hood. I could see my hood getting damaged for that, plus I think it looks better this way.
View attachment 1505966
I'm currently looking at dyno options but the local place wants $200 just for a few pulls no tuning or anything. That seems high so I'm trying to find some better options.
@04sleeper or @MalcolmV8. They will make that thing run like a scalded dog! 04sleeper tuned my car and it runs better than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I self tune but have been given help by both of those guys. I just need to quit being a pussy and go make some 3rd/4th gear pulls.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm curious about how well your intercooler set up is going to work. I'm like you in that I really don't want to drill holes and run lines to the trunk.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Looking good, I also chose to keep the stock underhood tank. I welded 1" barbs to the tank and repowdercoated them as well. I have not done the 1" barbs on the H/E so that is one of my limiting factor.

Are you happy with the flow? I am selling a used re-programed EMP pump! These things flow like non other!

cj428mach

Established Member
Why aren't you running the emp pump?

Flow is definitely improved but more has to be better. I also need to improve my hoses as i have a few hoses that are partially obstructed by bends.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Sounds exciting. Can't wait for results. I saw a Cobra with a 10:1 CR engine making mid 800s on e85, but that compression ration should be a huge factor. Even a 30hp gain over the 2.3L would be respectable, but I think people are expecting far greater numbers from all the hype.

Rambro

Established Member
Really nice alternative to running the trunk mount and having to run that monster pump. Looks like its moving a decent amount of fluid too. Be interesting to see the effectiveness at WOT.

blownfox

Established Member

Is that Wichita Dyno? If it is, his prices have doubled in the past 2 years. I think i paid $75 for 3 pulls with AFR back in early 2017.

cj428mach

Established Member
Is that Wichita Dyno? If it is, his prices have doubled in the past 2 years. I think i paid $75 for 3 pulls with AFR back in early 2017.

Yep, they originally quoted me $250 last year but the guy on the phone wasn't very confident in that. I figured I'd ask again and was just told $200 on their facebook page.

Theres a guy in Bentley that drag races and has his own personal dyno, he'd let me make some runs on it but that was last November. I never met the guy just found him on Dynojet's Dyno Locator so I don't know how it would end up going. Maybe if I see a break in the temperature I'll give him a call again.

blownfox

Established Member
Yep, they originally quoted me $250 last year but the guy on the phone wasn't very confident in that. I figured I'd ask again and was just told $200 on their facebook page.

Theres a guy in Bentley that drag races and has his own personal dyno, he'd let me make some runs on it but that was last November. I never met the guy just found him on Dynojet's Dyno Locator so I don't know how it would end up going. Maybe if I see a break in the temperature I'll give him a call again.

That sucks he's now charging $200 for 3 pulls. He does have a nice dyno and you wont spin on his new setup. I'm just not sure if its worth $200. If you use the guy in Bentley let me know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread