By passing the AC compressor on a 95 GT

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
Whats up everyone? I need some help, I have a 95 GT, stock everything. On the way home yesterday either the the AC compressor locked up. Not sure if its the compressor itself or the clutch, or what. But I need a quick fix.

I am looking into order a one of those AC delete kits (just a pulley) or maybe replacing the compressor (though i dont use it much), but i was looking at getting a shorter belt for the time being.

anyone ever done this? what length belt works best?

any help is appreaciated, thanks.

marc d

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
Whats up everyone? I need some help, I have a 95 GT, stock everything. On the way home yesterday either the the AC compressor locked up. Not sure if its the compressor itself or the clutch, or what. But I need a quick fix.

I am looking into order a one of those AC delete kits (just a pulley) or maybe replacing the compressor (though i dont use it much), but i was looking at getting a shorter belt for the time being.

anyone ever done this? what length belt works best?

any help is appreaciated, thanks.

marc d

i'd just replace the compressor, you'll miss it once its gone. not sure bout up there, but it gets hot here

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
replace the a/c compressor!!!!,a/c is worth having in the heat,rain,and when you are dressed up so you don't sweat to death.A car with a/c will sell better than a car without.but if you don't want a/c then if the a/c compressor is under the power stering pump(fox body is above) you should be able to put a short belt on.measuring tape used for fabrics is very flexable and could be used to find what lenth belt you need

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member
+1 above post!

Replace the compressor. You'll need it one of these days and will kick yourself one of these days for not replacing it :p

Users who are viewing this thread