buying yet another Jeep this weekend

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
but sadly getting rid of the 03 Cobra. I've had the cobra for 2 years now and been pulled over 7 times. Finally made the decision that its too much of a temptation to speed in it. I'm taking a bit of a hit on it but if I get another ticket i won't have a license to drive anyways.

So I'm getting an 04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I love jeeps and this one will be a daily driver. Maybe someday I'll buy an 03 Cobra crate engine for my older jeep in order to keep the Cobra scene alive (haha wouldn't that be somthing). Going to keep this new jeep pretty much stock with a mild lift and 32" tall tires.

The rubys are a pretty good little stock trail vehicles:

front and rear air lockers
4.11:1 axle ratio gears
dana 44 front and rear
an NV241 t-case with 4:1

I'm getting it with hard and soft top, ac, cruise control and a few other conveniences.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
The new Rubicons are really cool!!! Not as cool as an 03 cobra though:beer: What color are you going to get?? I love the new green they have.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I got a silver with the dual top option (black hardtop with black softop).

I've been on a few runs here in Arizona and will post pictures after I get to work on Monday. I've forgotten my password to photodump.com and I have the password at my office (aghhhhh!).

The same night I brought it home I put on a 2" 'Old Man Emu' spring lift and a 1" body lift and a 1" motor mount lift.

I took it out the next day to Sedona on a 2.5 trail to test it out. It was awesome until the front passanger tire went flat cause the valve stem was snagged by a rock and cut off. I threw on the spare and went out for dinner so I wouldn't blow another tire. Open faced turkey sandwich at the Red Planet Diner! mmm-mmm good!

Since then I put on a 5.5" Rubicon Express long control arm lift and some 35" Goodyear MTRs. Simply awesome! Way more then I'll ever need. But at least I'm ready.

I got some still pics of the sedona run and some vids my mom recorded on her mindv camera of the Rubicon Express lift install.

I'll post pics on Monday. Just was missing my old Ford friends so I had to stop by.

See ya,

Ben

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
wow, i cant believe you really got rid of the cobra cause it attracts cops, a sad day truely. but however i do love those rubicons, wish i had one

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
I got a silver with the dual top option (black hardtop with black softop).

I've been on a few runs here in Arizona and will post pictures after I get to work on Monday. I've forgotten my password to photodump.com and I have the password at my office (aghhhhh!).

The same night I brought it home I put on a 2" 'Old Man Emu' spring lift and a 1" body lift and a 1" motor mount lift.

I took it out the next day to Sedona on a 2.5 trail to test it out. It was awesome until the front passanger tire went flat cause the valve stem was snagged by a rock and cut off. I threw on the spare and went out for dinner so I wouldn't blow another tire. Open faced turkey sandwich at the Red Planet Diner! mmm-mmm good!

Since then I put on a 5.5" Rubicon Express long control arm lift and some 35" Goodyear MTRs. Simply awesome! Way more then I'll ever need. But at least I'm ready.

I got some still pics of the sedona run and some vids my mom recorded on her mindv camera of the Rubicon Express lift install.

I'll post pics on Monday. Just was missing my old Ford friends so I had to stop by.

See ya,

Ben

Sounds fuggin awsome!! You know I am waiting for the pics.:thumbsup:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Here are a few pics showing the scenery the day after I got the Jeep. These pics show it with a mild 2" lift. No action shots though, sorry bout that. less than 10 minutes into it the jeep lost a valve stem. Still was a fun day though

http://www.photodump.com/direct/ygohome/holiday1.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/ygohome/holidayE.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/ygohome/holidayG.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/ygohome/holidayH.jpg

I got some pics of the new lift too. I'll post those later tonight

Last edited:

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
The rubicon is an awesome machine, the rock trac tranny is nuts, my friend has one and i am a grand cherokee owner. Jeep = rock hard, ive owned three of them and many more to come. Cheers on your new ride, and you'll be able to go ANYWHERE :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread