Buying New Battery Cables, Need Opinions =)

llDemonll

Established Member
Looking to buy new battery cables, both positive and negative and was wondering if anyone here had some suggestions. I'm not looking for platinum plated, velvet lined with 24k diamonds on them, just some good (prefferably cheap) cables that will last me =)

Thanks much =P

98ccoobbrraa

Established Member
I looked into new a new positive cable for my car since the end was bad and the dealer told me they only sold them in pairs and it would cost $106.00. That was too much for only one cable imo. I went and bought an after market cable end and put it on for $4.95.

caliboy08

Established Member
if you buy the cable from the dealer, they will want to sell you a whole harness from the battery to the 02 sensors on the motor.. its easier just to get some quality terminal ends and put them on... not the autozone crap either...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
On the other hand, I would recommend getting quality one-piece cables, instead of trying to put new end connectors on. If the solder is less than perfect, or if the end isn't sealed properly, you'll be looking at a lot of corrosion down the road. Also, you'll have to add seperate wires for the starter, etc.

Pull the old cables off and measure the length of each, so you'll know exactly what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread