Buying Mid pipe and catback soon.. help

mustangmach04

Banned
I dont know what to go with for a mid pipe and catback...
I own a 04 mach 1.. I want something that will not sound crackly but will sound unlike anyother mach.. I want it unique.. I had the full bassani catback on my 97 and i kinda want something new on the mach. I like the snakebite 2 video of his exhaust. Something like that, affordable 2. anyhelp???

Johnny

IZZY

Established Member
In so far as the midpipe, it depends on sound preferance. The h has the old muscle car sound while the x has a race car exhaust signature to it. Again, catbacks are a matter of taste. For me, it's the stingers. Affordable? Well, that's another story. Like other s/s versions, the stingers aren't cheap.

Ironhand

Banned
IZZY said:
In so far as the midpipe, it depends on sound preferance. The h has the old muscle car sound while the x has a race car exhaust signature to it. Again, catbacks are a matter of taste. For me, it's the stingers. Affordable? Well, that's another story. Like other s/s versions, the stingers aren't cheap.

Stingers was a great addition to my Mach both in sound and performance. I heard alot of cars with Xs and a few with Hs and at idle you can hear my Mach idleing prolly from 100 feet away if not further but it's not loud, it's just that deep deep rumble. But with the O/R H on as well, as soon as you stand on it, she will scream and it's just nasty. Stingers are exspensive if you dont shop around, but I only paid 530 for mine and the shipping was free. But alittle tip, get an H pipe with 2 high flow cats and a Catback to compliment that H-pipe and you will get that rumble if that's what your after without having it outragously loud.

mustangmach04

Banned
awesome guys, helps me out otwards to what i am looking for, i love the stingers and had then on my 96 but i am very picky this time.. So Ill let oyu all know very soon. I was also thinking about the dr.gas off road X and a Stonger catback, or even a Mac, but i want to have a good setup and dont know how the Mac would be.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Ill make ya a sound clip this evening. All i have is bbk offroad x, and weldin flows. I love it, not too loud, but nasty at the same time.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
just put my off road prochamber on, and along with the stingers the sound is amazing, nice and deep rumble, and the stingers being expensive- you get what you pay for.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Last edited:

marcus1033

Established Member
mustangmach04 said:
awesome guys, helps me out otwards to what i am looking for, i love the stingers and had then on my 96 but i am very picky this time.. So Ill let oyu all know very soon. I was also thinking about the dr.gas off road X and a Stonger catback, or even a Mac, but i want to have a good setup and dont know how the Mac would be.

Just so you know, Dr. Gas X design cuts dbs by 3. 3 is double in sound that you can hear, so if you go DR. Gas I would definitely go o/r. Just my 2cents. But I like it loud. I have mrt catted h and stingers. perfect for me.

DSGGT

Rickdaddy
Established Member
Yours will sound different bud but you can watch the vid in my sig. It has three choices you can choose from.

Flows and offroad Prochamber

offroad X and Magnapacks

offroad X and Bassani

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
i have a bassani o/r x and spintech mufflers, i've gotten a few compliments

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
I run factory manifolds w/slp catted x-pipe to SLP loudmouth I catback. The car absolutely screams, is emissions legal, and is not too raspy. Nobody around me has SLP, and everybody that hears the car can't believe its catted. Go SLP, you won't regret it.

-Dan

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
03 stallion said:
I run factory manifolds w/slp catted x-pipe to SLP loudmouth I catback. The car absolutely screams, is emissions legal, and is not too raspy. Nobody around me has SLP, and everybody that hears the car can't believe its catted. Go SLP, you won't regret it.

-Dan

yea a couple friends have slp's... one is an 04 mach with slp catted x and slp lm1's.... loud......

other friend has a 01 cobra....

bassani o/r x.... and slp lm1's.... WOW

my bassani o/r x and spintechs sound stock compared to his car.... but i like my sound, not as poppy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread