Buying car online

SoCalStang

Established Member
For those of you that have purchased a car online from a private party, how do you get the deal to go smoothly? Any companies you recomend for shipping? The vehicle is in MI and I'm in Souther CA. I really don't want to fly out there to close the deal (hand over money and collect title). What do you guys recomend?

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Get TONS of pictures... TONS of videos...

All the details you can...

Dont use American Auto Transporters.. they suck.

Ive bought two cars on the net from a private party and had pretty good luck with not getting screwed... lol

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I bought my car from this site actually which I bought from a private party out in Texas. I used Exotic Car Transporta and was very happy with the service. They picked up my car from the previous owners house and dropped it off at my front door. It was in an enclosed trailer and it cost about $1200 for the whole deal. Here are a couple of links that might help you out. I can tell you I have heard a couple of horror stories from guys that have used DAS.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282695

Pics of when they dropped my car off.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289984

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My advice ... fly out there and close the deal. you will save yourself about 600 bucks over having it transported and you will be sure of what you get.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Personally I would go get it. Pics can be made to hide defects in the car. I bought my cobra from missouri and I drove there with my dad and drove it back. It was actually a really good experience.

snake134

the only prblem with flying out is if you go their spending money on a ticket and then you find out somthing bad about the car......ur gonna end up not buying it and then u have to go back :(

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
snake134 said:
the only prblem with flying out is if you go their spending money on a ticket and then you find out somthing bad about the car......ur gonna end up not buying it and then u have to go back :(

Well let's see, You fly out there find some blemishs that you just cant live with .. and have to fly back ....

OR

you pay for the car, exchange titles, arrainge for shipping. The car gets picked up ... and delivered to your door and you find stuff that the seller lied about and blemishes that you just can't live with ... oh now your freeking stuck with no way to get your money back ... yeah this is the option I would take ... :bored: :nonono:

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
there is a guy on this site that does car shipping, I would get in touch with him and see what he can possibly do for you.. ill find it and pm you his name.

fast02gt

Established Member
get pictues from EVERY angle..videos if possiable..but I am with everyone mostly fly out and get it..You would only fly out if u got all the pics and everything and it "seemed" to be what the guy says.. if a newer car like a 03/04 cobra.. I wouldn't worry as much, cause of them not being that old but like a fox body or something I WOULD FLY and see it for myself being the car is older and might have more flaws. Just check out everything and if it;s DEF what u want and it's a go just fly one way man, plane tickets are cheap as hell right now.. its like 85 bucks for a one way trip.

SoCalStang

Established Member
fast02gt said:
get pictues from EVERY angle..videos if possiable..but I am with everyone mostly fly out and get it..You would only fly out if u got all the pics and everything and it "seemed" to be what the guy says.. if a newer car like a 03/04 cobra.. I wouldn't worry as much, cause of them not being that old but like a fox body or something I WOULD FLY and see it for myself being the car is older and might have more flaws. Just check out everything and if it;s DEF what u want and it's a go just fly one way man, plane tickets are cheap as hell right now.. its like 85 bucks for a one way trip.

Wish it was a new car, I wouldn't have to worry much. It's a 66 plymouth valiant. Car looks good on ebay, but needs more pictures. I guess I'm going with getting more pix and then flying out to make the deal. Thanx.

Users who are viewing this thread