Buying a Terminator...

GT Peasant

Guys and gals,

I'm actively shopping for a 03/04 Cobra, and I was wondering if there was anything, in particular, that I should look out for with these cars before I buy. I'm sure there's a lot out there that I can/will research on my own, but working six days a week in public accounting (and making sure you guys get fat tax returns to waste on your cars ;)), I was hoping some of you could provide some links and point me in the right direction. Thank you!

nxhappy

Established Member
check carfax for no wrecks, ask owner what maintaince has been done, ask what mods have been done, ask if it was dyno tuned, check all fluids, make sure clutch is ok, drive it a good 30 minutes in town and on highway....motors are pretty solid as long as maintenance has been done...

Awtblo

03 OW Cobra
Established Member
Look for obvious shoddily done mods and the general condition of the vehicle.

Crank it over and listen for an uneven crank, if the seller already has it warmed up before you come to look at it, walk away a cold start can tell you a lot.

It's just like buying any other vehicle, just check for signs of abuse a little harder than you would on a grocery getter.

GT Peasant

Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to share a few pics when I finally make the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread