Buying a "L" tomorrow

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Im buying a 03 lightning tomarrow.:banana: I've been a mustang owner for years and this is my first "L". I want to know what is the best set of mods to start with like intake, headers, exhaust, tuner, pulley swap, etc...Im in the military so I have a stash stored away. I dont plan on swapin s/c yet so I want to get the most out of it I can. So can anybody point me in the right direction on what to do and what kind of performance I can expect out of this like hp and 1/4 mile times. And if there is anything else I should know about them please let me know..Thanks guys:pepper

Skoalman

Banned
Look into a cog no-slip pulley system from rpmoutlet.com, get that and an intake and exhaust system to start. Then get it dyno tuned using a hand held tuner like the diablo or SCT.
-Great set of mods that i've been very happy with over the last year, congratulations on the purchase, it's nice having a muscle car/truck that can move furniture.
(My truck makes 404hp and 526tq.).

Post some pics after you pick it up.

Last edited:

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
I also have a 2003 L and I recommend getting it dropped for the improved handling and the killer stance. My truck still has the stock pulleys (it's not as fast) but I don't worry about blowing it up. Good Luck!

IMG_3414-1.gif

Skoalman

Banned
MAT2CH said:
I also have a 2003 L and I recommend getting it dropped for the improved handling and the killer stance. My truck still has the stock pulleys (it's not as fast) but I don't worry about blowing it up. Good Luck!

IMG_3414-1.gif

I understand recommending suspension upgrades, but there really isn't reason to fear blowing your truck up with a 4 lb lower pulley upgrade and a dyno tune from a professional shop. My '04 is driven daily and is used as a work truck to haul my tools around to job sites, and has done so for over a year already with no issues at all.

I like to copy what works and will continue to recommend what works. The setup now on my truck was copied from a friend and i have no problem admitting that i copied him. (The whole cog pulley system setup).

Your trucks stance however, is one i'd definitely like to copy though, can you tell us about your suspension upgrades? Does it make the truck hook up better in the 60 foot? (I only get low 1.8, 60 foot times on slicks).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread