Buying a fox

arbs

Established Member
Hi guys so I've been searching this forum and others but I just wanted to show you guys what I've been looking at. It's actually for my brother but I'm helping him decide on a car. He knows he wants a fox but they are so hard to come by in good condition. When you watch YouTube videos all you see foxes doing is doughnuts and burnouts. So many of them out there are beat to hell. I have a termi, so I'm glad my brother is also coming into the mustang world. I just want him to chose the right one that won't give him problems in the long run, that way he won't hate his car, he'll love it. So this is the one were looking at right now.

1989 mustang lx 5.0 all original very clean. CARFAX INCLUDED

It all works because my dad has a burgundy Taurus, I have a Redfire cobra and if my brother gets this one, it'll be dark red too. Color doesn't matter, it's just kinda cool all of us having similar colors. Anyway, does that look good? Is there anything major and not so major that I should be looking for before buying a 20+ year old mustang? Lastly, is that a fair price or maybe around $4,000? Thanks guys. I love mustangs. I just don't know much about the foxes. Ohh btw, the guy said the heater core isn't working. It's bypassed right now.

Last edited:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
it looks clean. i dont think i would give 4900 for it. if it was a coupe i would, i give 4400 for my 93coupe. i now have it for sale as a roller. Does he just plan on driving it or racing it?

arbs

Established Member
it looks clean. i dont think i would give 4900 for it. if it was a coupe i would, i give 4400 for my 93coupe. i now have it for sale as a roller. Does he just plan on driving it or racing it?

I was thinking a little closer to $4k, or is that too low? The heater core is inop so there goes some time and money. Wouldn't we have to remove the whole dash and steering column? He'll be daily driving it so the heater would be important on those cold mornings.

What did you look for when you bought your car? Are foxes notorious for anything breaking or failing? Thanks!

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
That link didn't have a description, but the pictures look good.
Lived it's life in California .
I would not pay that much either, they actually sell for closer to 3500.00 up here in Oregon ,factory black interior brings a bit more and coupes more .

You don't have to pull the entire dash nor the steering column, I can change one out in a couple of hours , . but I have done quite a few .

arbs

Established Member
That link didn't have a description, but the pictures look good.
Lived it's life in California .
I would not pay that much either, they actually sell for closer to 3500.00 up here in Oregon ,factory black interior brings a bit more and coupes more .

You don't have to pull the entire dash nor the steering column, I can change one out in a couple of hours , . but I have done quite a few .

Oh okay. Thanks! So anything else to look for before buying a fox? I know most stuff is common sense.

How do you do the heater core anyway?

vfast

Established Member
nem..i have several mustangs
that can be bribed from me..lol

Users who are viewing this thread