Buying a Contour???

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well I have had a SE 99 Contour and always wanted an SVT. I have had my sare of 02 GT and 03 Cobra Mustangs. Someone locally is selling a 99 Contour with 160K that needs a ball joint which I can get done cheap but right now I drive a 98 a Integra with 85K. I could sell my Integra for a touch more then the Contour but deal with the mile but I want know honestly would it be worth it? I mean I might just buy it and keep both cars and decide which I like more.

Thanks BJ

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
depends on overall condition. You can pick some that have been rode hard for 2k. I think some are still going for 8. And IIRC, for the ball joint you have to replace the whole lower control arm

brapple

Established Member
depends on overall condition. You can pick some that have been rode hard for 2k. I think some are still going for 8. And IIRC, for the ball joint you have to replace the whole lower control arm

agree on pricing.

you can replace just the ball joint but chances are if the ball joint is gone then so are the control arm bushings. a new control arm comes with a ball joint so most do both at the same time. otherwise you can get bolt on ball joints but have fun getting the old one off.

smokeshow81

Established Member
I've managed to pick up a 98 1/2 SVT Contour with 75000 kms. payin 4500canadian.
you guys might want to be lookin up here with the dollar the way it is.

darknightcobra

REALTOR
Established Member

pricing agreed....but you can drill out the rivets with an 11/32 drill bit and replace the ball joint.

Users who are viewing this thread