Buying a 2015! Need help!!

89 5.0

Established Member
Hey guys. So since I sold my 2013 back in October I've been looking at the 2015s. Found a 2015 with 401A package and GT Performance Package. My question is if there anything I should be looking for that's out of the ordinary? and options that can be left out and won't make a big deal. Is the shaker pro system with 12 speakers really worth the additional 1800 or is the stock just fine? Any advice or options are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

GrabUblue

Established Member
I'm thinking about trading in my 13 also. + 1 on the recaros! I'm on the hunt for a CO a6 with recaros. All I have found are the pp cars with recaros.

KonaFifty

Established Member
people have been finding manufacture defects. the rear window on the driver side sides lower than the left. some have found their trunks misaligned, check your passenger door. open it, close it, compare to drivers door. most of the passenger doors sit close to the fender, through time if you open/close the doors it will rub and you will lose paint in that area. there are a lot of other small things but not as important as the ones i posted. oh little rattle in the cabin from the headlight knob and the passenger area but cant find where at on the passenger side.

i didnt care for premium because it was stuff i didnt need...the only thing i would prefer is that the rear bumper be the freakin same 2 piece desigm; however base gts have a one piece rear bumper. in the 2015 base gt's you actually have sync. make sure your sync functions properly...my sync didnt function right when the sales manager was showing me how sync works...but their service department wouldnt touch it because they couldnt "replicate" it. push all the buttons, go through all menus, make sure it doesnt freeze up and shut off/restart/freeze/repeat, etc. your base gt has like 80% power seats...which i would do without the added weight...recaros are still pretty heavy (from comparisons from the older models to premium seats) but i think they would be a little lighter than the 2015 base seats (not proven, just speculation because of the motors in the seats).

Last edited:

69b302

Established Member
A few items I picked up during my purchase. Recaros are great but loose the heated/cooled option in the premiums. The performance pack tires are summertime only, so if you are in a cold climate plan on replacing tires ASAP, if you want to drive in the cold. Remote start is only included with auto trans. I went GT premium with the standard 400A option, and only miss the seat memory. The standard 9 speaker audio in the premium is fine, unless you are a true audio guy. You definitely want to check the fit and finish, as other have stated some quality issues.

89 5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I'm definitely going to look at the car in detail!

craigstu

Established Member
The standard GT Premium seats are so much better than our 2010 car that we didn't even consider recaros. Recaros are manual adjust and neither heated nor cooled. We made the dealer get a car from one of their other stores to avoid the Shaker option $ and the 50th trim package $.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I agree with Craig the standard seats are awesome for all shapes and sizes. I have the shaker system and love it! It includes the back up assist as well. Don't do the adaptive cruise, i had it on my last infiniti and HATED it. Zero quality issues so far, fit and finish is excellent!

89 5.0

Established Member
Yea i haven't seen any issues with mine. I had the dealer detail it so I can personally inspect it before signing the papers. Took about 45mins going over the car. Each panel, body line, curve. Open a closed the doors, hood, trunk multiple times to make sure nothing would hit, checked entire body for scratches or any defects. Checked seats, all knobs for any kind of rattling. Played with the sync to make sure it was functioning properly. After the sales man looked at me like I was nuts I finally signed the paperwork and had them put my plates on it.

Users who are viewing this thread