buying 15+ GT, warranty questions/concerns

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Looking at 15+ GT/PPs but concerned with previous owners having modded or tuned them. I think this would apply to CPO cars too. How do I know that the remainder of the factory warranty on the car is good to go and im not going to get hosed if I need something fixed under warranty?

Can a service department check this for me and document that the car was not modified or something?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I have a tuned 2015 Mustang GT with headers and many suspension modifications. I took my car to two different Ford dealers and my modifications were never an issue and I had two powertrain warranty related claims.

Unless the aftermarket part caused the failure, you should have nothing to worry about. Ford is able to check how many times the PCM has been flashed.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I have a 2016 PP with very basic mods (catback, CAI, suspension) and I had warranty work done to it with no problems. Then again, this is Vegas, and anything goes. LOL

Twisted2v

Established Member
Probably best to buy one from a Ford dealership.

Is Ford able to see at what mileage it was tuned? If not you could still tune it and say that the tune was done by the prior owner.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
im leaning towards going certified even if it costs a couple more $. i think there is some more security if something breaks i can point the finger that it is something they should have found in a thorough inspection.

thoughts?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder if dealers check to see if the ECU shows that the car has been flashed(tuned) prior to a CPO.
Can't see things like a simple CAI or catback being an issue.
Could see a previous bad tune be a potential red flag if you come back in 2k miles with a melted piston.

Users who are viewing this thread