Buyin GT

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
Hey PPl i have been thinkin of getting a 05 GT... and everyone is sayin that there supposed to be 150 K thats where your wrong i talked to the guy that i had him try an order on for me... and he said expect 90 to a 100K LOADED... and i have seen this car and done my research i would just like to hear your opoions...

Aaron_01

Banned
I think its a load of BS, no way he can knock $60,000 off the pricetag. Dealers wont haggle with these cars, because they will sell sell sell. You would be lucky if you get it for $150,000 with no markup. I think hes just looking for attention....

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
i talked to the dealer an he said anywhere from 90 to a 100K! he said 150 is base... not the real price... thats how much they think it will be... and there alwayz wrong on the base... so he told me to look for 90 to a 100k.. i will post pics as soon i get it... if i can...

90Cent

Banned
Originally posted by 02 Harley Truck
i talked to the dealer an he said anywhere from 90 to a 100K! he said 150 is base... not the real price... thats how much they think it will be... and there alwayz wrong on the base... so he told me to look for 90 to a 100k.. i will post pics as soon i get it... if i can...

you so did not make sense. 150k is base, base means bottom. youre not going to find one for under the base price.

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by 02 Harley Truck

$150,000 is the base MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price), that doesnt mean that you cant get it for lower, per say. Im sure invoice is going to be around $125,000 or so. But getting it for $90,000 gimme a break. There is no way in hell that will happen, $60,000 is a HUGE price drop. Like I said, this isnt the 03Cobra where they produce 10,000 units. They are making a limited number of units so there likely wont be any leverage to negotiate. I think your dealer doesnt know what hes talking about

Aaron_01

Banned
Thats for damn sure. If he can get it for $60,000 off the pricetag. Id like to know the name of that dealer. Maybe he would consider a trade for a Lightning and a pack of Dentine Ice

Paul Vincent

Established Member
$139,995 and that does not include destination charges and taxes. That being said, in the spring of 1995, Madza had $14,000 discounts on leftover new 1994 RX7s. So, there are hugh profit margins built in. But, as for our friend getting a GT for under $100,000, I'll await the proof which he shall have to provide.

fordification

Established Member
"Options will include lightweight wheels, upgraded audio, painted brake calipers and a striping scheme."

Last edited:

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
I Printed out this Thread and brought it into the dealer ship today... and he was stunned... but he didnt say much about it... it was a younger guy... problly in it 20's... im sry for doughting all of you... but could somone tell me what the production number is?.. if at all possible i will still get one.. no matter what the price..you live once.. live it how you want.

hk4site

Established Member
I would be very careful about buy a GT for $139,000. It looks like ford is trying to sell 1500 a year for 3 years making 4500 units. With this many units you should beable to purchase a used one way under 100 geand in a year or two!!!

PETSNKE

Established Member
Originally posted by hk4site
I would be very careful about buy a GT for $139,000. It looks like ford is trying to sell 1500 a year for 3 years making 4500 units. With this many units you should beable to purchase a used one way under 100 geand in a year or two!!!

Actually the Ford GT program dies after the '06 model year due to new safety crash standards put into place by the NHTSA

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Here's what the Ford website had to say about dealer premium pricing:
Q. We hear that some dealers are already charging higher than sticker price for the vehicle. Does Ford encourage dealers to sell at any particular price?
A. Federal law requires manufacturers to provide an MSRP for every vehicle. Under dealer franchise agreements and state law, manufacturers cannot control the selling price of a vehicle. Dealers modify vehicle prices, either higher or lower than MSRP, based on market conditions and customer demands.Certainly, the new Ford GT is in high demand. The price a dealer gets reflects the value a customer finds in a vehicle and is willing to spend.
If you want specifics on what dealers can and cannot do in regards to price, you should contact the National Automobile Dealers Association
*Notice the second to last sentence:
Certainly, the new Ford GT is in high demand. The price a dealer gets reflects the value a customer finds in a vehicle and is willing to spend.
As I read this, Ford has no doubt that the demand for the GT will result in premium pricing. Why? Because the GT is stickered at a bargain price. The market will determine its actual value. So, if you wait long enough, you might find a bargain. I know it's the only way I'll be getting a GT.

Users who are viewing this thread