Buyers remorse

jdcobra

Established Member
I’m sure I’m not the only one here who’s bad buyers remorse regarding a color. Given the fact I didn’t have many options with the COVID deals, part of me wishes I would have waited for the spec’d car I wanted.

Saw a red hot metallic Gt earlier and it was like a punch in the gut. First world problems I guess.

Who else has “settled” because the numbers were too good to pass up on?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m sure I’m not the only one here who’s bad buyers remorse regarding a color. Given the fact I didn’t have many options with the COVID deals, part of me wishes I would have waited for the spec’d car I wanted.

Saw a red hot metallic Gt earlier and it was like a punch in the gut. First world problems I guess.

Hate Silver, owned two silver cars.

Never had buyers remorse for it.

Rare40th

Established Member
Bought a 15 wrx in silver ice metallic. After countless times of going back and forth on mods like intake/down pipe/tune and all of that and then modifying the car, I wished I had just bought an 04-07 STI. Also the SIM color was gorgeous at night under street lamps but in all fairness I should have just went for one in a similar color to DSG from the Cobra's.

This also after owning a Ruby Red colored Focus, I didn't care much for that car itself but that color sure gave me a hard on

jdcobra

Established Member
Hate Silver, owned two silver cars.

Never had buyers remorse for it.

I have remorse because it’s not the color I wanted but the deal was too damn good to pass up on.

That and they didn’t have any with the 401a but I figured I’d add gears and and LCD cluster myself :shrug:

Fat Boss

Established Member
I bought a 95 Mustang GT at night off a lot. Woke up in the morning and it was really purple. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I thought it was blue, and it was ACTUALLY purplish, not REALLY, REALLY purple.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I have remorse because it’s not the color I wanted but the deal was too damn good to pass up on.

That and they didn’t have any with the 401a but I figured I’d add gears and and LCD cluster myself :shrug:
I bought a Silver used Tacoma and used Boxster because their where deals I couldn't pass up.

I'd never spend good money on a new car that was EXACTLY how I wanted it.

I spent three weeks working to get my F8 Green 1320 Scatpack Challenger with premium interior and upgraded Uconnect.

Wasn't going to settle for a different color or combo.

I'd suggest wrapping the car or plasti dip, but those do cost money and will eat up whatever savings you had.

What color is the car?

jdcobra

Established Member
you got a smokin' deal if i remember correctly. Don't feel bad, even if you spec'ed it out there would have been something that you wished you did differently

Yeah it was a little more than 8k in incentives with 0% for 84. I didn’t get the full amount in incentives because the ad was written wrong but dealership owned up and got damn near close.

jdcobra

Established Member
I bought a Silver used Tacoma and used Boxster because their where deals I couldn't pass up.

I'd never spend good money on a new car that was EXACTLY how I wanted it.

I spent three weeks working to get my F8 Green 1320 Scatpack Challenger with premium interior and upgraded Uconnect.

Wasn't going to settle for a different color or combo.

I'd suggest wrapping the car or plasti dip, but those do cost money and will eat up whatever savings you had.

What color is the car?

Silver. It’s not terrible but ya know.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I purchased a f350 black and silver pickup in the 80's. Same insensitive as you mentioned. The hood was silver, and flaked off at 4 years. Ford repainted the whole truck blue for me for $300. That was back when ford fixed thier screw ups. I've stayed away from silver ever since.

Yeah it was a little more than 8k in incentives with 0% for 84. I didn’t get the full amount in incentives because the ad was written wrong but dealership owned up and got damn near close.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Someone must have painted it then since purple wasn't a factory color that year. Sapphire Blue (JA) though is very similar to purple.

I think it was the Sapphire Blue. I only had it a few months then sold it to get the Crew Cab 4x4 6 Speed PSD. This is what the Google came up with. Looks about right, and it looked blue at night lol. I named it Grape Ape.

f699ac29f41f988341651558b51fd7ec.jpg

latest?cb=20190718075742.png

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Velocity Blue was my least favorite blue behind Performance Blue and Kona. It is really stunning on a GT350R, though so I’m happy

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

look on the bright side, with all the discounts and 0% financing you might break even in a year. Yeah, that means you need to trade the car and probably not get 0% again, but you can enjoy driving a great car before you get THE car you want.

jdcobra

Established Member
True... or I can just suck it up and enjoy the 0% financing.

Users who are viewing this thread