Buyer beware!!!

kngcbra24

Established Member
Hey guys just wanted to inform everyone of this seller out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

The deal seems almost too good too be true a 6,800 DSG Vert for $21,000.

Well think again I was actually going to pick the car up Saturday and pay his car in hand until he disclosed the cars "scratches". Well he originally said the car was show room condition and only showed pictures of the driver side.

Until he showed me pictures of the passenger side I decided the car is not for me, and the quote I received from the body shop was $1200-1500. He was not willing to negotiate a price, also he told me the scratches had been there for 7 years!! With no clear coat or anything. The gas has been sitting and all fluids are 7 years old. Except the oil which he changed 3 times. Just not a very honest person and he doesnt tell you these things until your about to make a 4 hour trip.

If you need any more info click the link and I will be posting pics of the scratches. He told me there was a crease in the driver side door from a parking space, which he just texted me about. I told him keep the car and let someone else buy it.

Cars for Sale: 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT w/supercharged V8 in BOCA RATON, FL 33498: Convertible Details - 283550980 - AutoTrader.com

kngcbra24

Established Member
photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

boatcop1

Established Member
The gas has been in the car for 7 years? I'm confused. He told you that? If he told you that, seems pretty honest to me. I'm not defending him I'm saying if you are going to buy a car over the web and have to travel any distance to initialy see the car, well my freind I would want to see pictures of everything i ask for and if i dont get them, then he obviously dont want to sell that bad or it's shady, either way I'm not pushing the issue.

Have to be carefull these days, there is a lot of shady people out there but your situation sounds like the seller did'nt disclose everything but you didnt ask for everything and/or his interpetation of the scratches is entirely different than yours.

The fluid thing seems really strange, but for that mileage I wouldn't make it a deal breaker at the asking price. Good luck on finding your Cobra.:beer:

Last edited:

kngcbra24

Established Member
Yeah I did ask for everything... I specifically told him I would like all photos of the car and he told me that was all he had until he mentioned the scratches and then he had 3 more pics.. I mean I understand the guy wants to sell the car but he doesnt want to have them fixed atleast or negotiate a price into his to fix it? Thanks already found another in NJ ill be seeing my family and driving home to FL =)

Users who are viewing this thread