Buyer beware!!!! wrecked gt500 undisclosed junker

Smokemup67

keep your eyes peeled for shitty sellers. Cleveland motors inc is currently selling a white 09 gt500. Car has white powder coated Saleen 20's on it. They sold this car about 3 yrs ago. They did not disclose any damage and shipped car out. It has been wrecked pretty severely. Car needed a pass speed sensor in front, pass window regulator, and always had a strange noise in front suspension pass side. Upon close inspection it was verified car had not only been wrecked, but the repair wa worse than. Originally thought. This car has had a rear quarter put on, door skin, almost all over paint job (poorly done). You can see outside of the car in a few places that you shouldn't be, like next to wheel house in trunk on drivers side in two places. Seam sealer is cracked in a few places also. The complete interior was removed from this vehicle for this inspection and I have photos to prove it. Cleveland motors still proclaims that they had no idea there were any previous damage. I pulled auto check and saw the multiple dealer transfer at auction recorded, as well as "announced with frame damage" clearly stated at auction. There is no way that they were not aware as the condition of paint was immediately a tell tale sign that caused the curiosity of investigation. The buyer unfortunately had no idea until I pointed out to him while I had car for some work in my shop. Cleveland motors inc eventually settled after a long battle and bought the car back. In a matter of no time they have it up for sale. Out of curiously I called for details and to make an offer on the car. The salesman was completely unwilling to acknowledge any prior issues with vehicle whatsoever until I mentioned I was the guy that submitted then inspection for the lawsuit. Suddenly, he was a very unhappy fellow, bitching about how he had to buy car back and now had way more money in it than he would ever get out. I'm not taking sides really, just know that this isn't right. No one wants to buy a limited edition or exotic type vehicle with prior damage, especially without prior knowledge. And before u rush to call and hope to pick up at a fair price for drivetrain or to fix, I already tried that lol. Car drives crooked, even has buckle on driver side hoop by roof even tho all damage appeared to have been on pass side. Whole rear is swung a little, and car may have been "U" shaped to a certain degree at some point before repair. I did not find any info on the actual repair, but car did retain clear title. Who knows how many owners on registered at this point. Had almost exactly 25k on it when I parked behind transporters trailer to go back to those clowns.

Users who are viewing this thread