BUYER BEWARE: North Texas Truck Stop

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, which is why the OP is complaining.

So, it was clean at the dealership..and dirty when it arrived.

If the odometer on their website matches the odometer on the truck when it arrived (+/-25), I'd seriously place blame on the shipping company. If it's well over what was advertised, someone at the dealership drove it as a demo or something, and then obviously they're at fault.

But I'd hardly make a buyer beware thread based on some mud (the tire they replaced at no charge to the customer).

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
13COBRA you are like Jekyll and Hyde. 99% of the time you are a level headed person - but any sort of negative dealer thread and the switch is flipped and it's on.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
13COBRA you are like Jekyll and Hyde. 99% of the time you are a level headed person - but any sort of negative dealer thread and the switch is flipped and it's on.

It just irks me. From a dealer's prospective, we can do everything right, but as soon as 1 customer says we did something that spreads like wildfire.

For instance. Had a guy come in two weeks ago wanting to buy a new Fusion. He works at the Ford plant, didn't have a trade. So he buys A-Plan. I make $113 on the deal, BEFORE I pay my salesman a mini-commission of $150. So I lose $37. Not a big deal.

Well he ends up backing out because his payment was $18 a month more than what he thought it should be. Now, keep in mind he qualified for 0% through Ford for 60 months.

Two days later, I have a service customer in here that works at the plant and I've sold him 10+ trucks. He goes "I don't know what you guys did to John, but he's pissed and he's telling everyone at the plant that you're trying to screw him."

The saying "the customer is always right", is extremely accurate. Whether they're right or wrong, that's the story every one hears.

So excuse me if I get a little defensive. :beer:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
So, it was clean at the dealership..and dirty when it arrived.

If the odometer on their website matches the odometer on the truck when it arrived (+/-25), I'd seriously place blame on the shipping company. If it's well over what was advertised, someone at the dealership drove it as a demo or something, and then obviously they're at fault.

But I'd hardly make a buyer beware thread based on some mud (the tire they replaced at no charge to the customer).

We can not see the underside of that truck in that pic. If the shipping company caused that then as the OP said how is there not any mud on the tires, wheel wells, and on the truck anywhere else? I get it, you're a dealer and will stand up for dealers, cool. As a consumer this does effect whether I'd do business with this particular dealer when I'm in the market for another vehicle. Lord knows dealers in Arkansas don't play ball which is why I traveled to Texas to buy my Charger 4 years ago.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's all good, it's water under the bridge.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm surprised that Ford puts you in the position of only being able to make $137 on an A-plan deal. There's no additional money on the back end, what's it called, hold back?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm surprised that Ford puts you in the position of only being able to make $137 on an A-plan deal. There's no additional money on the back end, what's it called, hold back?

It was a locate, so the original dealer kept the holdback.

Typically Iowa dealers are the only ones around us that will trade at invoice-holdback.

Regulars520

Established Member
It just irks me. From a dealer's prospective, we can do everything right, but as soon as 1 customer says we did something that spreads like wildfire.

For instance. Had a guy come in two weeks ago wanting to buy a new Fusion. He works at the Ford plant, didn't have a trade. So he buys A-Plan. I make $113 on the deal, BEFORE I pay my salesman a mini-commission of $150. So I lose $37. Not a big deal.

Well he ends up backing out because his payment was $18 a month more than what he thought it should be. Now, keep in mind he qualified for 0% through Ford for 60 months.

Two days later, I have a service customer in here that works at the plant and I've sold him 10+ trucks. He goes "I don't know what you guys did to John, but he's pissed and he's telling everyone at the plant that you're trying to screw him."

The saying "the customer is always right", is extremely accurate. Whether they're right or wrong, that's the story every one hears.

So excuse me if I get a little defensive. :beer:

It sucks that dealers get a bad rap. Some are very shady but there are some that do care. An authorized dealer is where you should be able to go and feel safe. I really wish dealers were like WalMart, no haggling the price on the car is just that. Take it or leave it. Used cars however, negotiable. I feel for you 13Cobra, you seem like a standup guy but catch all hell just because you work as a dealer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just take things a little too personal sometimes haha

Even used cars have gone to a nearly no haggle price. When we trade or buy a car for the used lot, we trade for it knowing we'd like to mark it up $1200 or so, hopefully sell it and make $6-800.

Regulars520

Established Member
I just take things a little too personal sometimes haha

Even used cars have gone to a nearly no haggle price. When we trade or buy a car for the used lot, we trade for it knowing we'd like to mark it up $1200 or so, hopefully sell it and make $6-800.

Where is Missouri are you located? The wifes family is all from Missouri.

Users who are viewing this thread