Buy the tire and wheel protection package if...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm not usually one to recommend buying products in the finance office, except under certain circumstances.

Buy the tire and wheel package if you're buying the R and driving it on the street.

These packages are generally generic and cost the same per model, not trim. And it will take the aftmkt companies a bit to catch on they should charge extra.

Since the koenigseigg is the only other car that you can drive on the street with factory CF wheels I'd spend the $600 and keep your tires and wheels covered for replacement.

Other than that. Don't buy the gaff wax. :)

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I think I did this with my Raptor as the special edition has different trim rings for the beadlocks and cost a fortune!

Zemedici

Established Member
I think I did this with my Raptor as the special edition has different trim rings for the beadlocks and cost a fortune!

was curious, so I looked up how much they are.

$819 for the beadlocks
$2300 for a wheel.

So that's $13,000 to replace those wheels and tires.

ExTurbo

Established Member
was curious, so I looked up how much they are.

$819 for the beadlocks
$2300 for a wheel.

So that's $13,000 to replace those wheels and tires.

I Sell fords, we just got an email explaining the Tirecare is not available on specialty vehicles.... Raptor/Shelby. if you can get it in writing to protect those wheels then good on you but I doubt they will offer it

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I Sell fords, we just got an email explaining the Tirecare is not available on specialty vehicles.... Raptor/Shelby. if you can get it in writing to protect those wheels then good on you but I doubt they will offer it

You can buy it through one of the aftermkt companies

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Don't be stupid and if you're worried about it just file a comprehensive claim.

The smart thing to do though is not use the CF wheels on the street, especially if curbs / potholes are a concern.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Don't be stupid and if you're worried about it just file a comprehensive claim.

The smart thing to do though is not use the CF wheels on the street, especially if curbs / potholes are a concern.

Unfortunately, for those of us in the snow belt. Potholes, uneven roads, expansion joints, are very difficult to avoid.

Also- a comprehensive claim on an expensive wheel in my state is still gonna hurt

I'd rather pAy the $500 and have wheel AND expensive tire protection.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Unfortunately, for those of us in the snow belt. Potholes, uneven roads, expansion joints, are very difficult to avoid.

Also- a comprehensive claim on an expensive wheel in my state is still gonna hurt

I'd rather pAy the $500 and have wheel AND expensive tire protection.

I agree, even if my premiums went up it'd take a long time to balance out that $10,000 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread