Buy a ps3 at best buy get a $50 gift card

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I was thinking about doing this but does anyone know if it is online only or do you still get the card if you buy it at the store?

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Not sure if it's still going on, but walmart had a deal where you get $100 gift card with ps3 purchase. So I'd check up on that first. My friend got one a few days ago from there so it might still be in effect.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Amazon had the same deal as Walmart as well. $100.00 in amazon credit. Not sure if its still available, but if so, that'll be my gift to myself. LOL.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
lol it takes a $100 gift card to sell a $300 console?

It took microsoft how many years after first release to provide features the ps3 had since day one?

And even now the 360 is STILL lacking many great features the ps3 has. Every post I see from you in a thread about ps3 or a ps3 game is classic 360 nut swinging. :rollseyes

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I know this past weekend they were running a similar deal. I purchased a new 160GB Slim PS3 and received a $100 Gift Card (physical) that I then turned around and used to buy GT5 and a blue tooth headset.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It took microsoft how many years after first release to provide features the ps3 had since day one?

Like?

And even now the 360 is STILL lacking many great features the ps3 has.

Like?

So far all the studios that create cross-platform titles support the 360 far and above the PS3 and Wii. Hrm, wonder why.......Then you got all these PS3 nutswingers talking about how Treyarch left them hanging on PS3 support, and they should support the "better" console.....makes me lol.

The 360 isnt powerful, its easy to use and develop games for, which is why it gets the most support.

Every post I see from you in a thread about ps3 or a ps3 game is classic 360 nut swinging. :rollseyes

Which makes me laugh, because I'm still a PC GAMER.

I only have a 360 for ease of online play, and the only 2 games I own are MW2 and Black Ops. The rest go on my PC.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Like, WiFi. Not only did you used to have to pay 50 a year to play online, but you had to also buy a wireless adapter for what, 100? hahahaa

Even though cross-platform games are better looking on 360 doesn't mean anything about the 360 itself. I can barely tell a difference from COD on my 360 from my ps3, but I can tell a HUGE difference between MGS4, Resistance, and other ps3 exclusives, to the sorry 360 exclusives.

Which tells you what? Oh yeah that the ps3 is overall better that has much more potential. The other bs you babbled about Treyarch? Lost me. I don't keep up with "gaming" news, just notice the differences from owning both consoles. Doesn't really surprise me that you know all about the news updates about that other crap, PC "gamers" were always the most nerdy. hahahah

SlowLNF

Established Member
Cross Platform games look better on the 360 because they are made on the 360 originally and ported to the PS3. PS3 exclusive game graphics blow 360's graphics out of the water. The PS3 uses newer technology that many developers are still not familiar with yet because they want to release their games quickly and spend the least amount of time on them to maximize profit.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Cross Platform games look better on the 360 because they are made on the 360 originally and ported to the PS3. PS3 exclusive game graphics blow 360's graphics out of the water. The PS3 uses newer technology that many developers are still not familiar with yet because they want to release their games quickly and spend the least amount of time on them to maximize profit.

What he said, I just didn't know all the technical crap to say, I was just calling it as I see it! :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Like, WiFi. Not only did you used to have to pay 50 a year to play online, but you had to also buy a wireless adapter for what, 100? hahahaa

lol so you use wifi to connect to the shitty PSN? God no wonder people complain about how laggy that network is.

Ill gladly pay $50/yr to have a real network and a hardlined connection. Dont see me complaining about the lag in the Black Ops thread do you?

I have my PC on wireless. Then again when I only use it for browsing, wireless is acceptable. Online gaming? **** that, not on wireless, and everyone who's house ive been to (both PS3 and 360) running wireless, I can tell right off the bat.

Which tells you what? Oh yeah that the ps3 is overall better that has much more potential.

Potential only goes as far as the people that have the will and ability to unlock it have the motivation to do so.

If theres no motivation, having potential is like having tits on a boar. Useless. And right now, theres no motivation for devs to unleash it, especially since the 360 is the preferred console of choice. Give it up, this console war wasnt about statistics, it was about support, and 360 garnered way more of it. Next war will be about raw hp and the ability to utilize it, the main issue is computing is moving faster than we can find ways to code for it and use it, and the console that streamlines that will win. If we even have consoles in 3-4yrs......

Sorry, PS3 hardware profile is OLD NEWS. The cell processor is overhyped and underperforms. If it wasnt, youd see it in hundreds of other applications by now.

If I want graphics, ill hop on my PC.

PS3 exclusive games also take 2-3yrs to produce. So far the only one thats been worth it is UnchartedII. GT5 has proven to be a flop, the finished product does not justify the time taken to produce. MGS5, did anyone actually buy it? Id rather have newer games more frequently than less frequently. Id hate to wait 3yrs for a racing game thats only marginally superior to a competitors title that gets released every 1-1.5yrs.

Dont even get me started with PS3's "Move". Jesus, what a waste of marketing, maybe if it was 2yrs ago during the Wii hype. Kinect shit all over motion gaming, itll take Sony/Nintendo years to catch up, and Microsoft hasnt even released half the shit they have coming for it. I fully believe Kinect might just be MS's saving grace, as theyve not done anything innovative since Windows.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Dont even get me started with PS3's "Move". Jesus, what a waste of marketing, maybe if it was 2yrs ago during the Wii hype. Kinect shit all over motion gaming, itll take Sony/Nintendo years to catch up, and Microsoft hasnt even released half the shit they have coming for it. I fully believe Kinect might just be MS's saving grace, as theyve not done anything innovative since Windows.

Alright. I said I wasn't going to dignify any more of your nutswinging stupidity, but this one is so overboard, it should be addressed.

You absolutely do not know what you are talking about. If you are talking about dodging balls and hopping aropund, sure the Kinect is great. BUT IT LAGS it's ass off. The type of games you can play on that basis alone is so limited it dictates that actual "gamers" are not going to use it.

Look at every review of the Move vs. Kinect. The Move uses tracking technology in the same manner the Kinect does. There is a difference in the technology it uses, but difference in performance is it uses a remote that is superior to the 1st gen style, and it is MUCH more precise than both the other systems. Not to mention the fact of how much room you have to have to even use the Kinect.

I am sorry, but I don't own stock in Micorsoft or Sony. I am not 12. I am not a FANBOY like you obviously are. I look at the pros and cons of my options and then I make a choose eone. I don't need to come on here to try and pump myself up about my decision but stating a bunch of fluff that ingnores facts and experience.

Mods, you don't have to move this thread as I am officialy done with this guy. he can come in here and quote my post with a bunch of generalizations and garbage and I will never know it because I am putting him on ignore. He never has anything useful to say anyway.

SlowLNF

Established Member
lol so you use wifi to connect to the shitty PSN? God no wonder people complain about how laggy that network is.

Ill gladly pay $50/yr to have a real network and a hardlined connection. Dont see me complaining about the lag in the Black Ops thread do you?

I have my PC on wireless. Then again when I only use it for browsing, wireless is acceptable. Online gaming? **** that, not on wireless, and everyone who's house ive been to (both PS3 and 360) running wireless, I can tell right off the bat.

Potential only goes as far as the people that have the will and ability to unlock it have the motivation to do so.

If theres no motivation, having potential is like having tits on a boar. Useless. And right now, theres no motivation for devs to unleash it, especially since the 360 is the preferred console of choice. Give it up, this console war wasnt about statistics, it was about support, and 360 garnered way more of it. Next war will be about raw hp and the ability to utilize it, the main issue is computing is moving faster than we can find ways to code for it and use it, and the console that streamlines that will win. If we even have consoles in 3-4yrs......

Sorry, PS3 hardware profile is OLD NEWS. The cell processor is overhyped and underperforms. If it wasnt, youd see it in hundreds of other applications by now.

If I want graphics, ill hop on my PC.

PS3 exclusive games also take 2-3yrs to produce. So far the only one thats been worth it is UnchartedII. GT5 has proven to be a flop, the finished product does not justify the time taken to produce. MGS5, did anyone actually buy it? Id rather have newer games more frequently than less frequently. Id hate to wait 3yrs for a racing game thats only marginally superior to a competitors title that gets released every 1-1.5yrs.

You're quite possibly the biggest 360 nutswinger I have ever seen. Face it, 360 has more online problems then PS3 on many games, yet you pay for 360. PS3 has an internet browser. Now granted, people's individual internet connections are to blame for lag, but server wise I hear more problems from 360 owners then I do PS3 owners.

Also, you obviously don't know much about game development AT ALL. It takes years to get used to a platform and preform well with it. Most titles in the first 2 years of 360's launch were pathetic in graphics compared to what's out now. The last year or so the 360 really hasn't improved in graphics at all in new releases. The PS3 has continually progressed with better graphics, especially on the exclusive games.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore because you're just going to continue and try to justify your purchase of a 360. I owned both, I'm not very bias in this situation.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
how did i know thomas would end up in here bragging on that shitbox 360. ive played one and it was horrible. i didnt like it one bit. My psn network isnt horrible. I can hardwire mine in with no problem. I just choose not to for cleanliness of my house. i play online and yes treyarch has shit servers, noone can say there servers are good right now cause they arent. GT5 isnt a flop, it just isnt like Forza like others like. its a different type of game IMO. Ive played forza and thought it was garbage. 360 vs ps3 will go on forever but ill gladly sit back and keep on using the ps3 network. Thomas reminds me of 95pootang, they both feed off the negativity they cause in each thread.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
After that last post he clearly proved to everyone how much he knows about ps3, it's games, and network.

The network is just as good as live, coming from someone that uses both regularly on the same connection I think I would know. The cross platform games like COD look almost identical, again, I know from experience. The games that are out like MGS4 I guess is just preference, but the MG games have been a favorite of mine since the first one, and they only got better. I'm playing GT5 as much as I was when it came out. TONS of different things to do on the game, to where it will take a long time for me to get bored with this game. It has so much to do I'm not even wasting money on games like silly black ops like you're limited to on 360, because there's nothing better out right now for it.

It seems like half the stuff he's saying it stuff he's pulling out of his ass and doesn't have any experience with. I'm not a fanboy or I wouldn't have both systems and enjoy them both, I clearly am just pointing out what I experience. Not what I'm reading from other 10 year old 360 fan boys that know nothing outside of xbox.

Maybe you should take walmart up on this deal and then you can be one of the kids that cries about every flaw in gt5, even though there is much more to the game than what everyone is whining about. Who cares how long it took to come out either. I didn't sit on my ass 6 years waiting for this one game to come out. I had a life and when it came out it came out and now I'm enjoying the piss out of it!

Users who are viewing this thread