Buy a brand new 2012 Boss 302 or low milage used

Puluke

Established Member
Hey folks

I once had a 2013 Boss but traded it on a 2014 Shelby. Shelby is killer but sucks as a Daily driver. Hated the open in grill cause of possible FOD. Sold it and buying back a Boss. ( don't want this thread to be about the 14 Shelby, if ya wanna know, PM me ). My dilemma, buy a brand new 2012, (200 mi on the ODO) or low milage 12 or 13 Boss used? They would sell me the new 2012 well below sticker. Guessing the difference would be about 6 grand between new and used, but get the full warranty, piece of mind etc. What would you do?

Both 12''s have the limited slip diff but have Recaros. My 13 had the torsion diff. She'll be a street machine only. Should I be concerned and hold out for a torsion diff?

I liked what little digital goodies the 13 came with. I have driven the 12 back in the day, just so you know.

So new 2012 or used? Thoughts

Thanks

Last edited:

tek302

Established Member
The base LSD is better for street abuse like drag racing. But I could not imagine my boss without recaros, no deal, wait for one with recaros

Jabooh1

Established Member
If the question is new or used of the same car, I would normally say used. Let someone else take the instant depreciation. However you need to consider how that car was driven and how used.

A boss would most likely get abused. If it was raced at all, I would want to know the history.

New vs. used of a different year is a different question. I would pick a used 13 over a new 12.

Puluke

Established Member
Hi tek302

Both the new and used 2012's have Recaros. I'm like 5"6" and 155 lbs. Recaros rock. I've had Stangs with and without Recaros. I will not go without.

But.....would you go for a new or used 2012 Boss in 2015? It blows me away their is a new one, but then again they are in the middle of no where. Again I'd Pay less then MRSP for the new but more then a very low milage used?

Thanks

Last edited:

Puluke

Established Member
I hear you Jabooh1

Folks buy the Boss thinking they are a GT which they are NOT! Home link, forget it. The 2013 gives you more digital interface over the 2012 Boss and less skip shift. The driving experience is the same. Thats what I'm about in the Stang, is the driving experience. (Bloody Ford seems to nail the exhaust note! Like it over my ZL1). But hey, I hear you on selecting a 2013 over a 2012.
Thanks

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Does the "new" boss 302 have a warranty start date? If you don't know, ask. If the warranty started, I would consider it a used car

KBBoss302

Established Member
I have owned both a '12 Boss and a '13 LS. I prefer the styling of the '12s but the '13 would be my choice as a daily driver. HIDs, Bluetooth, and none of that skip-shift nonsense. The better HID headlights alone make the '13 the better choice for daily driving (I had tried several upgraded bulbs in my '12 but they just were never that great).

Good luck!

dsp

Established Member
In 2013 the Recaros and Torsen came together, was that not the case in 2012, I didn't think you could separate them.
With 200 on the odometer a lot of the reasons for buying new are eliminated, at least for me. The full warranty would be nice, but I'd still go for a low mile 2013, some should still have time remaining on the warranty anyway.

Puluke

Established Member
Hey guys

Thanks from jumping on my thread folks.

KBBoss 302. I'm with you all the way. Not to detour from this thread, My ZL1 has skip shift kick in when I'm lolly gaging about. Ahhhhh!

dsp, in 2012 Recaros and torsion were separate options. In 2013 it became a Pkg.

I got notified after initiating this thread, that a loaded low milage 2013, (a loaded Boss ain't saying much, as options were like what, Recaros/torsion and the car cover/floor mat Boss 302 embodied stuff Pkg. Oh yea you could buck up for certain paint colours) Either way, I'm going to work on this 2013. It's nice to have synch and HID lights. The price trumps the New 2012. Time will tell.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Oh, you are in Canada? I know of a new competition orange boss 302 for 44k in Ontario. There are a couple of new GHIG 2013s out there still

dsp

Established Member
I checked the registry. From what that says Recaro only (5 cars), Torsen only (6 cars), Recaro/mats/cover (7 cars), and Torsen/mats/cover (11 cars) were combinations only available in Canada. I can't say for sure how accurate those numbers are, though.

Puluke

Established Member
Should I be concerned that the 2012 new, with only 180 miles has sat for 3 years? The full warranty would start upon purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread