Busy Saturday - Side Scoops

03blackvert

Established Member
I took my side scoop off today, as some of you might remember it has a scratch that needs fixing. While doing that I took some pictures for all of you.

First, here's what it looks like with it removed:

PDR_0052.JPG

Note the 6 white clips that hold it, and the water shield. Behind the water shield you'll find another large hole:

PDR_0053.JPG

If you view the scoop from the back, it looks like:

PDR_0054.JPG

I believe, having removed it now the right thing to do is to side it forward, and rotate the front edge until it releases from the clips, then slide it back and off the rear clips. The clips stay in the car (well, you can remove them once the scoop is off, pulling straight out won't work, they are in their too good).

Anyway, filling it in and having a "scoopless" look would be possible, but a bigger job that might be obvious from the outside. I suppose it would also be possible to make them functional for rear break coolers or a diff cooler, routing a hose in the triangular hole. :shrug:

Anyway, for all those who wanted to know, there's the story.

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
Thanks for the pics dude, I'm sure someone will be able to use these as a reference for a future mod. This is what makes this board so great.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Thanks for the pics. Nice to know what is behind there.

Wonder why this was not manufactured as a solid piece if they never planned the scoop to be functional? Seems like it would have been easier than putting a hole in it then adding a water shield. Anybody know Fords rational?

Last edited:

StickyFinga

Established Member
Personally I hate those scoops. I don't like non-functional things at all on cars.

I too have thought about trying to make those things functional...it just seems like too big of an ordeal.

Users who are viewing this thread