Busy Saturday - License Plate Bracket

03blackvert

Established Member
Living in a state with front plates I guess I have to have one. :gt: Another member on the board made a bracket I bought months before, I forget his name now. Anyway, I finally installed it. A simple arrangement that bolts to the lower intercooler radiator bracket. I added a black frame from the local auto parts store to make it a bit more stiff. Much better looking than the stock mounting, and the best part is if you take it off there's no outward sign it was ever there, which may become important if I ever move. :beer:

PDR_0056.JPG

Friendchicken

Good idea to take pics, but any chance you can atually roll the car outside and take shots there? Your flash is terrible for the lighting conditions :)

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Could you take a close up of the bracket if you get a chance? You're making this a lot easier for me. :)

" A picture is worth a thousand words":thumbsup:

03blackvert

Established Member
I'll try for better pics tomorrow or monday. It's been drizzling here all day, and the lighting outside is probably worse than in the garage. The camera also gets confused by the highly reflective plate -- some of my other pics are much better. I should have taken a pic before I put it on. I wish I could rember the name of the guy who sold it to me. He was on here, so hopefully he will see it and speak up. I'll also see if I can jack it up when the weather is better and get a good pic of how it mounts to the intercooler bracket.

03blackvert

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Cool, thanks 03blackvert. What did we do before digital cameras?

Slip the guy at fotomart a $20 so he didn't report our dirty pictures? :coolman: :nono:

03blackvert

Established Member
Duh, it just occured to me if I didn't take the plate head on it wouldn't have the flash problem. :bash:

Try these:

PDR_0064.JPG

PDR_0065.JPG

PDR_0066.JPG

PDR_0067.JPG

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

03blackvert

Established Member
I'll note this will be all wrong when I finally get a splitter I'm happy with, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

RAP66

Established Member
Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Nice mod :) But i don't know how wise it is to block air flow to the intercooler, that's IF u race of course. U can take a small bookend and bolt in on from under the bumper and then velcro the plate to the bookend. It's stable at high speeds, trust me ;-) I had pics of mine but i can't find them anymore :(

Trader

Established Member
My ears were burning.

I got pulled over for no plate so now i keep it on all the time. It is my daily driver. And yes i beat the heck out of the car. :)

A couple people said that the bracket scrapes when you park up close to a curb. I did a little modification and brought it up a little higher.

platebracket2%20001.jpg

2.50 from home depot

platebracket2%20004.jpg

The spacers were cut from a 36" long 1/2" x 1/2". The bolts are 1/4x6" hex. Got them from home depot. Cut the spacers to 5 3/8"

No cooling issues. I would not race with it.

GNasty

Established Member
Thanks for the pictures. Being from Texas, I did not want to ruin my front bumper. You helped me big time!

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread