Business closings over/under.

nxhappy

Established Member
The market is mostly controlled by millionaires and billionaires speculating... And it's not a good economic indicator in situations like this. This is coming from a guy with a Finance degree too.

It will be bad once everything settles. And that's just if things start to go back to normal from this COVID-19 shit.... If we get another spike and things begin to shutdown again, it's going to be game over for the economy. Think of the great depression as a little fart compared to the shitstorm that will take place. Much bigger population, and much more business/economic activity takes place now than 90 years ago. It has the potential of getting very bad for a lot of people.

Although we are the greatest nation on the planet BY FAR, we still are susceptible to a collapse. A lot of people live like ostriches with their heads buried in the ground, and think we are too big to fail. We aren't.
the market already bottomed. 18,000 dow jones. It was like 40%.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
the market already bottomed. 18,000 dow jones. It was like 40%.

This is still an ongoing pandemic. That was a 3 year low, not a bottom. Until this pandemic is over and we know the full effects on businesses, you dont know what the bottom is.

As of right now, small businesses are taking a MASSIVE hit. Small businesses still account for most of the business in this country. They are not publicly traded fortune 500 companies like those on the DOW, so it's a bit of a skewed judgement. You cant make an assessment on the entire economy based off of just how the DOW is performing.

Many of those same companies listed on the DOW are also getting massive loans from the government for assistance to keep them in good standing due to the amount of people they employ. A lot of small businesses are not. Again, skewed judgment.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I’m sure no one held a gun to the buyer’s head as he wrote the check..

don’t like the price, negotiate or move on to another piece of land..

It’s not just overpriced commercial properties, but the technologies/tools/software/machines/social media networking that’s now required to provide the same service.

My buddy worked so hard to get a sophisticated alignment machine that bit the dust in a year.

Twisted2v

Established Member
This is still an ongoing pandemic. That was a 3 year low, not a bottom. Until this pandemic is over and we know the full effects on businesses, you dont know what the bottom is.

As of right now, small businesses are taking a MASSIVE hit. Small businesses still account for most of the business in this country. They are not publicly traded fortune 500 companies like those on the DOW, so it's a bit of a skewed judgement. You cant make an assessment on the entire economy based off of just how the DOW is performing.

Many of those same companies listed on the DOW are also getting massive loans from the government for assistance to keep them in good standing due to the amount of people they employ. A lot of small businesses are not. Again, skewed judgment.

The DOW probably went up because the top companies grabbed a huge market share of what was owned by small businesses.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
The DOW probably went up because the top companies grabbed a huge market share of what was owned by small businesses.

This is also 100% true. Walmart has seen like a 33% increase in revenue from the same time period last year. They were considered essential and allowed to stay open. Small business, nope.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
are you ****ing smoking? it already happened. market dropped to about 18,000. already at 24k Once we start opening up market is going to jump FAST. After election people are going to realize this whole thing is a political scam.
The stock market is no longer an indicator of the health of the overall economy.

It's like saying that a person's health must be fine since his bank account is full, even when it is visually obvious he is dying of cancer.

These days, stock market performance and actual society financial health are mutually exclusive.

The number of mortgage and auto loan deliquencies is sky rocketing. The number of people freaked out and scared by the MSM is huge, so they will not be returning to "normal" spending/travel/consumption/construction habits anytime soon.

And then there's people like me, who have stopped spending on all non-essentials, saving everything I can for when/if I get let go. In my case, I see this savings behavior continuing for the next 18 months.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

verbal

Established Member
A commercial real estate collapse is coming. Hotels and mall owners are starting to default. The owner of Mall of America and American Dream mall missed their last loan payment. Hilton and Marriott are close to defaulting on several properties in NYC and Chicago. Their stock price is still close to its high though.

I am seeing small businesses close all over the place around me.

I think problems with residential mortgages will hit in 6-12 months once the forbearance programs end.

verbal

Established Member
I know of more businesses closing than deaths due to kung flu (zero btw)

My wife’s company in NJ has started testing warehouse employees every two weeks and about 5% have tested positive. There have been a couple of employees hospitalized and about a dozen deaths reported with family members of employees. Covid has definitely hit this area of the country harder than the rest.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
These businesses did not, I repeat, did not close because of the chinese virus. Businesses closed because a certain party panicked and put politics ahead of common sense. Businesses could have and should have been open while the virus was here. Trying to destroy the economy was the goal and I hope people remember who caused this mess.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
These businesses did not, I repeat, did not close because of the chinese virus. Businesses closed because a certain party panicked and put politics ahead of common sense. Businesses could have and should have been open while the virus was here. Trying to destroy the economy was the goal and I hope people remember who caused this mess.
Those goddamned communist Demonicrats. That's who. In b4 move to poli/SD :D

Twisted2v

Established Member
A commercial real estate collapse is coming. Hotels and mall owners are starting to default. The owner of Mall of America and American Dream mall missed their last loan payment. Hilton and Marriott are close to defaulting on several properties in NYC and Chicago. Their stock price is still close to its high though.

I am seeing small businesses close all over the place around me.

I think problems with residential mortgages will hit in 6-12 months once the forbearance programs end.

F***. Foreigns are going to come in and buy these out?

Users who are viewing this thread