Busi. owners without policy

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
Ok, I am posting this tread in regards to a loved ones safety.

Here is the run down. His parents own a business, two stores of the same type. One is on one end of town, the other is on the other end of town. East to west. Ok, my cousin is on the west side of town, where crime is rampant. Within the past week, a Bank of America, two retail shops, and a food mart (about the size of a small Wal-Mart) got robbed, half of which were armed robberies. My cousin is the only one in this store during the day. Now there are security guards, but this store is decently sized. When people rob, they won't rob in-front of a guard, they would probably have a look out and get away car. So here's where it gets a bit confusing. The store, is compromised of numerous stores, all sheltered under a larger "store". In essence, it is an indoor flea market. I'm in fear for my cousins safety, or any of my family members that will be working there, alone or with someone else. I don't want him to get robbed at gun point, or even threatened AT ALL. Now, in regards to the building owners policy, he said they have none. The non-existent policy is in response to the high crime area, and they don't want to be held responsible. Kind of like how retail stores post up "We are not responsible for vehicle damage" signs around parking lots and garages. Now, if someone does in-fact decide to rob my cousins store, or anybody else in that building, is my cousin allowed to have a gun on property and have the legal right to use the gun if he is in fear of his life, or others? We are in FL so the "Stand Your Ground" applies I'm sure. On private property without such policy, that I am unsure of. My cousin is 19, but his dad owns a Glock. Any input, advice, or suggestions would be welcome. I told him to check into FL gun laws and anything related to the sole protection of himself or the people in that same building. BTW, he has a clean record and is a good person, thus my reason for posting this thread. HALP!! :shrug:

STG

Banned
A tennant whether renting a stall in a large building, a sub-divided space,an apartment, free-standing commercial building, etc. should be treated under the law exactly the same way as a property owner.

What "policy" are you referring to? Are you stating the landlord does not have an express "no guns" on the property policy?

Users who are viewing this thread