Bush's Civil Rights report - YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS!

313Speed

Banned
2004 NEWS RELEASES, PRESS ADVISORIES AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
U.S. COMMISSION ON CIVIL RIGHTS ASSAILS BUSH ADMINISTRATION RECORD ON CIVIL RIGHTS

Washington, DC - In an assessment of the civil rights record of the Bush administration, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights released a draft report that concludes the administration has failed to exhibit leadership or define a clear focus, relegating civil rights to a low priority.

The report, Redefining Rights in America-The Civil Rights Record of the George W. Bush Administration, 2001-2004, analyzes scores of policy reports, scholarly papers, briefs and executive orders to chart the administration's responses to a broad spectrum of civil rights issues. Similar criteria have guided evaluations of previous administrations, including the civil rights review on former President Clinton released in 2000.

Some highlights of the report include:

Voting Rights: The Bush administration did not provide leadership to ensure timely passage and swift implementation of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002. As a result, Congress did not appropriate funds for election reform until almost two years into the administration.

Equal Educational Opportunity: The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) does not sufficiently address unequal education, a major barrier to closing the achievement gap between minority and white students.

Affirmative Action: Instead of promoting affirmative action in federal contracting and education, the administration promotes "race neutral alternatives," in many instances not applicable and in others not overly effective at maintaining diversity.

Environmental Justice: EPA has taken few actions to ensure disparate impact of minority communities to environmental contamination.

Racial Profiling: The administration responded to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by instituting regulations that facilitate profiling rather than prevent it. Immigrants and visitors from Arab and Middle Eastern countries were subjected to increased scrutiny, including interviews, registration, and in some cases removal.

For a full draft of the report titled Redefining Rights in America - The Civil Rights Record of the George W. Bush Administration, 2001-2004, visit www.usccr.gov.

10/05/04

Link to report.

Enjoy the read... remeber, this is your government reporting that your rights are being trampled by your president.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Ummm.....

This is Smackdown certified. Many of the issues mentioned cause imbalances in equality, like letting children be pushed up the ladder, allowing illegals to vote, and promoting more discrimination against the young white male. I'd have to say that this administration has been one of the fairest re equal rights in a long long time.

Now if we could just get these goons to stop playing war and get down to business we might have a shot.

:nonono:

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Are you some sort of Kerry plant...Like the ones they use to call & fillibuster conservative talk shows with DNC talking points?
Dude you need to get laid or something.
Go get in the Cobra & run through the gears...Clear your mind..
Forget about your 'lost' civil rights...Enjoy the reality of 9lbs of boost...
You have a Cobra,right?

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Originally posted by 313Speed
Racial Profiling: The administration responded to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by instituting regulations that facilitate profiling rather than prevent it. Immigrants and visitors from Arab and Middle Eastern countries were subjected to increased scrutiny, including interviews, registration, and in some cases removal.

Good.

313Speed

Banned
Soo..... the government (it's a .gov link) publishes a report about the problems they see with the administration.... and you don't believe it?!?!? WTF! But yet you believe Bush still... a smackdown.... your own ignorance should be grounds for a smackdown. I armed with facts here, facts from the elected government of the U.S.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
You are armed with your beliefs..You find sources to reinforce your beliefs..Your nearly hysterical & fanatical about them..What rights of yours have been 'trampled' on?
Just because some 'government source' says something or another against the administration isn't exactly earth-shattering..
Ted Kennedy is a 'government source'He's a liberal democrat with a certain adgenda.Big deal.I read the link...It's horseshit..Who cares?

TnPaulMan

Banned
Originally posted by 313Speed
Soo..... the government (it's a .gov link) publishes a report about the problems they see with the administration.... and you don't believe it?!?!? WTF! But yet you believe Bush still... a smackdown.... your own ignorance should be grounds for a smackdown. I armed with facts here, facts from the elected government of the U.S.

Your facts are opinions. Please understand this. You will never be allowed to pass opinions as facts. The only fact here is that there was a report filed.

Paul

simpman

game artist
Established Member
313Speed...Your wasting your time, this is a Bush brainwashed site. You could show a picture of Bush eating a baby and people here would still stick up to him.

slick4_6

Established Member
Whats wrong with race neutral alternatives? Are you saying minorities are inferior and need to be catered for?

Racial Profiling. I thought the ONLY people flying the planes on 9/11 were arab.

Equal education Opportunity. A minority with the same school records as the majority automatically get the spot in a state college. It would be racist to pick a white male with better school records over a minority. WTF KINDA THINKING IS THAT?

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
It is funny this comes out after Bush said in the last debate that the government's power needs to be lowered.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
That's funny....

All my civil rights are exactly where I put them last night.:??:

I have to apologize, though, to all those people who feel a bit trampled upon because it seems they might be getting a raw deal for all the right reasons.

If I happened to be from a part of the world where civilization made a wrong turn in the 14th century, never gave much thought to female suffrage, and really never considered handing out foreign tourist visas....I might be a bit irritated and spread my poison past my borders just because I could.

....otherwise, I could care less.:bored:

Now who wants to give me MY handouts and pity party before I go postal?:bored:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Originally posted by simpman
313Speed...Your wasting your time, this is a Bush brainwashed site. You could show a picture of Bush eating a baby and people here would still stick up to him.

Not this guy.

....I'm conservative as they come.

It must be the magical Boo-Krapp Detector with Political Apathy modification I purchased recently.

get real, man.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety'. - Benjamin Franklin

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear. - William Gladstone

TnPaulMan

Banned
Originally posted by esqeddy
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety'. - Benjamin Franklin

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear. - William Gladstone

You don't want the consequences of the first statement. Consequences being: Every man for himself until he finds those of like mind, then he takes the government by suprise. You want that? Cause that is what you are implying.

"If you are not liberal in your youth, you have no heart. If you are not conservative in your age, you have no brain." - Winston Churchhill

Which one are you?

Paul

dragon40k

Established Member
Originally posted by TnPaulMan
Your facts are opinions. Please understand this. You will never be allowed to pass opinions as facts. The only fact here is that there was a report filed.

"If you are not liberal in your youth, you have no heart. If you are not conservative in your age, you have no brain." - Winston Churchhill

Paul

So by this logic every government report filed is just an opinion? I guess the 9/11 commisions report was an opinion too. If government reports are opinions maybe we need to change the government.

I'm sure tired of hearing that phrase by churchhill in its many incarnations used by republicans. Can't you find a quote by our own president that gives your opinion more clearly? According to republicans Bush is the greatest thing ever so why not quote him? Is it because he can't speak a complete sentence?

TnPaulMan

Banned
Originally posted by dragon40k
So by this logic every government report filed is just an opinion? I guess the 9/11 commisions report was an opinion too. If government reports are opinions maybe we need to change the government.

I'm sure tired of hearing that phrase by churchhill in its many incarnations used by republicans. Can't you find a quote by our own president that gives your opinion more clearly? According to republicans Bush is the greatest thing ever so why not quote him? Is it because he can't speak a complete sentence?

If you cannot read that "report" and clearly see that that is an opinion, you need to go back to critical thinking class.

As for the "tired" quote: You must be tired of it because it rings so true.

And for the record, I don't see you quoting Clinton, Kerry, Carter, etc. The only one you could quote is Kennedy. And he was around shortly after Churchhill. So what is your point except to throw up a Red Herring arguement?

Paul

dragon40k

Established Member
Originally posted by TnPaulMan

And for the record, I don't see you quoting Clinton, Kerry, Carter, etc. The only one you could quote is Kennedy. And he was around shortly after Churchhill. So what is your point except to throw up a Red Herring arguement?

Paul

Actually I didn't quote anyone except you. I didn't read the report because I don't care what the report has to say. I'm merely pointing out that by calling this report opinion you could make the next logical and scientific step and say that all government reports are opinions.
To tell the truth I don't know why anyone bothers with political stuff on here. You're not going to change my opinion on our president and i'm not going to be able to change yours. I just want the 200 billion dollars and our 1000+ soldiers lives back but I guess thats not going to happen.
Don't bother telling me about how those soldiers sacraficed their lives for my freedom either. Terrorists can't take away my civil rights only my government can do that.

TnPaulMan

Banned
So if you don't know the topic, why the hell are you responding? If you would read the damn thread, you would understand my objection to it. As for your scientific process, you did something entirely unscientific. You made a hypothesis based on one observation.

I have no desire to change your opinion. Trust me on that. And your last statement is entirely a reflection of your lack of living in reality. They can take our civil rights away. You will be dead and thus have no rights.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread