• Aftermarket bushing with a 10.5 slick

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other....then what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03VenomBite

Established Member
I went to the track this weekend for the first time with my 03 Cobra. I have been to the track only one other time and it was with my 88 fox. So I'm still pretty new to the strip. But I know that my car is a lot faster then the times I got this weekend. My best was a 13.16. I have a 2.8 pulley with tune from diablosports handheld. No dyno around here and I did the pulley swap Friday night and finished it 1 hour before hitting the track. The car did 414 rwhp power before the pulley and I also put on an Accufab sbtb. I have nitto 555r's that are very bald now and maybe were alittle past there prime for the track. I was told that the elevation is high where we are and the weather was humid and 90+ in the shade both days. A friend of mine said that his datalogging said the track temps were 160+ or so, I think! I had very bad wheel hop in most take offs. I could not leave the line higher than 1500 rpms, and would spin at the top of first. I should note that the event that I was at was held by some local tuner shop and the track owners didn't put down the sticky shit more than twice or groom the track at all.

So what I was wondering is what bushings do I need to buy to help stop the wheel hop and can I run a 10.5 slick on stock half shafts? I know that I will need to upgrade the clutch and a 26 input shaft. Anything else? All advice and comments are needed and appreciated!

I also have subframe connectors and the BF brace.

Thanks
Pete

03VenomBite

Established Member
Anybody anything? If you have stock bushing and run a 10.5 slick and it works fine I would like to hear that. I will put up a poll to see if that will help!

Ray Lucca

Established Member
To stop the hop and plant the rear-end you need:
AC 427's Full R. Bushing Kit, Bolts and Grease fittings, You already have the Sub-frame's and Brace installed. 10.5" R Wheels will work great with wider tires. Good to go, I did, and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread