Bush has LSD flashback

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by Mr. Mach-ete
Yeah...The democratic libs will do and say anything to make the president look like he's dumb and uneducated.

Bush must be a democratic liberal.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by bunk22
Being that our troops are in the Mid East and available for action, the war has become a battle ground against terrorist and insurgents. Of course I think this was simply an after effect of the war and not its intended purpose. Prior to 9/11, we weren't on the ground in any large numbers in the middle east but still were hit. Demonstrates that inaction can be just as dangerous as fighting terrorists in a foreign land. Of course, we were fighting a continuous air war against Iraq. Twelve years of patrolling the southern and northern no-fly zones (Operations ONW and OSW) and just as many years of being shot at by the Iraqi military.

Regardless, the CONUS hasn't been hit since 9/11 so maybe, just maybe, the war against the terrorists is beneficial because it's keeping the fight where it belongs, away from the homeland and allowing our soldiers to do their job. I'm thinking that must be it since I've seen some of the security in this country, like at airports, and I'm amazed some of these people are even allowed to work.
My sentiments exactly...
Are you stationed at North Island?

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by bunk22

Regardless, the CONUS hasn't been hit since 9/11 so maybe, just maybe, the war against the terrorists is beneficial because it's keeping the fight where it belongs, away from the homeland and allowing our soldiers to do their job. I'm thinking that must be it since I've seen some of the security in this country, like at airports, and I'm amazed some of these people are even allowed to work. [/B]

Or..maybe if we WEREN'T in Iraq there wouldn't have been another attack either....Problem with hypotheical arguments about NON-events, you can't prove either side. The 1 irrefutable fact is..1000+ Americans are DEAD, and do you think telling a family that PERHAPS your son's death..MIGHT..have prevented another attack is of great comfort to them?

You obviously haven't been in the military if you think that it is any better than what you have seen at an airport. The soldiers are not fighting terrorists in Iraq they're just policeman.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by Joe King
Or..maybe if we WEREN'T in Iraq there wouldn't have been another attack either....Problem with hypotheical arguments about NON-events, you can't prove either side. The 1 irrefutable fact is..1000+ Americans are DEAD, and do you think telling a family that PERHAPS your son's death..MIGHT..have prevented another attack is of great comfort to them?

You obviously haven't been in the military if you think that it is any better than what you have seen at an airport. The soldiers are not fighting terrorists in Iraq they're just policeman.

He IS in the military..As am I...
I've spent ALOT of time over there in that part of the world.
The terrorists are being kept plenty busy there right now..If we pull chocks over there before the job is done & everythings peaceful..It'll be our ass.Roadside bombs might come to a shopping mall near you.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
The UN does absolutely nothing. If it wasn't for the USA funding the UN there would be no such thing as the UN.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Policemen? In a sense, I suppose. I can't speak for other military branches, units, etc, but while we did a small amount of "police" actions, 95% of our missions were devoted to seeking and eliminating ACF in the area. Both in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thomas
U.S. Army
Airborne Infantry

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by 9A Pilot
He IS in the military..As am I...
I've spent ALOT of time over there in that part of the world.
The terrorists are being kept plenty busy there right now..If we pull chocks over there before the job is done & everythings peaceful..It'll be our ass.Roadside bombs might come to a shopping mall near you.

Terrorists? I think we disagree on definitions...Aren't you talking about LOCAL Iraqi insurgents creating trouble..in IRAQ?? What trouble can they cause to the US mainland? Had not Suddam ruled them with force, don't you think they would have doing the same thing to ANYONE who wasn't of their sect?

I call a terrorist ...an organized, well funded, group that has the means & where-withall to cause damage in AMERICA....these terrorists(?) you describe don't have the infrastructure..right? If they did..why haven't there been any "roadside bombs at a shopping mall near me" in the last 25 years? You're ALSO making an hypotheical argument about a NON-event...where's YOUR proof?

While I applaud your willingness to protect America...I don't believe what is going on in Iraq is having much effect. As your boss said...Iraqi had NOTHING to do with 9/11...so what terrorists are you fighting..not the ones here.

If you are saying that 2000 years of violence in the region is going to end because of our actions... I think you're having a flashback too!

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
Another drug user.

Hey, leave Rush alone. :p

hopp.gif

bunk22

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

At attack prior to 9/11, without firm evidence, was probably hypothetical as well. So you're right, it's almost impossible to prove. Yes there are more than a 1000+ dead (less than that from combat) and it's tragic for all family members but it's up to the family to decide what their death was for. If my step-brother, who is a 24 year Army vet serving in Iraq were to lose his life, his father would understand. I would understand as well. Believe it or not, some people understand the struggle and understand what a soldiers job is. Like I said, though the deaths are tragic, in a year and a half, we've lost less than 1000 in combat (though there have been more casualties witch is normal in comat). In the Battle for Tarawa, 1,090 Marines were killed in 3 days taking an island. Why die for a small island?

Look, I'm not trying to change your mind, I don't care. You presented your side, I'm telling you how I see it. You are however wrong about one point, I am military and have been for 12 years. I flew over 300 hours in Operation Enduring Freedom and I'm about to cruise again in 3 weeks. Also, I happen to know a few guys in Iraq and they are more than just policeman. What I was saying is from what I've seen, the security at some of our airports seems a bit **** weak.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

What trouble can they cause to the US mainland?

hmmm. isnt that what everyone thought sept. 10th, 2001?

the problem is, they have infastructure. they have resorces. they have people who are willing to help them any way possible. we got rid of saddam because he was helping terrorist. Now that Bush has shown that we are not going to f*** around anymore, i bet every dictator involved with terrorism is going to think twice before helping them again.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by 03InThe11s
hmmm. isnt that what everyone thought sept. 10th, 2001?

the problem is, they have infastructure. they have resorces. they have people who are willing to help them any way possible. we got rid of saddam because he was helping terrorist. Now that Bush has shown that we are not going to f*** around anymore, i bet every dictator involved with terrorism is going to think twice before helping them again.

Nice work taking my words out of context.....Are you suggesting the "insurgents" who we are dealing with in Iraq..have ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Saddam???

That's even something the administration hasn't said (yet)...This just proves that the whole campaign is so TOTALLY confusing..NO ONE knows who are what its about...

What infrastructure..what resourses & what people are you speaking??? What are "they" doing that proves ANYTHING you're talking about? Roadside bombs, sniping, kidnapping (in Iraq)..hardly proof of a worldwide "network" that menaces the US homeland; that is in anyway being thworted by what is happening in Iraq....PROVE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING PEOPLE!!

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

You first..

ooooooo.... good come back :D

This pretty much sums up the state of US politics. One side makes incredible and usually amazingly ignorant claims about the situation in the world today and then, instead of trying to show that they are right, they just defy anybody to prove them wrong, and then when proven wrong they just make another wild claim and the cycle repeats itself. At least it keeps the network anchor people busy. :rockon:

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Originally posted by bunny_power
At least it keeps the network anchor people busy. :rockon:
& Well that & fake documents..
It's well know where you stand on the issue,Canuck..Mid east terrorists just use your country as means to infiltrate ours..

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

You first..

Werd Bunny ..and....what I HAVE been saying...you can't prove/disprove a POSSIBLE event that HASN'T happened...that's why they're called HYPOTHETICAL !!

Let me understand you 9A...you are risking YOUR life...because you believe you are PERHAPS going to somehow prevent a hypothetical event....amazing

I must be a pussy....but I sure as hell wouldn't be risking my ass under that scenario & I am definitely not willing to give up my freedom b/c of it!

I'm more afraid of MY gov't (impossing marshal law, enforcing the Patriot Act etc.) than I am of some rag-tag gang of thugs 10000 miles away.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Terrorists? I think we disagree on definitions...Aren't you talking about LOCAL Iraqi insurgents creating trouble..in IRAQ?? What trouble can they cause to the US mainland? Had not Suddam ruled them with force, don't you think they would have doing the same thing to ANYONE who wasn't of their sect?

I call a terrorist ...an organized, well funded, group that has the means & where-withall to cause damage in AMERICA....these terrorists(?) you describe don't have the infrastructure..right? If they did..why haven't there been any "roadside bombs at a shopping mall near me" in the last 25 years? You're ALSO making an hypotheical argument about a NON-event...where's YOUR proof?

While I applaud your willingness to protect America...I don't believe what is going on in Iraq is having much effect. As your boss said...Iraqi had NOTHING to do with 9/11...so what terrorists are you fighting..not the ones here.

If you are saying that 2000 years of violence in the region is going to end because of our actions... I think you're having a flashback too!

Hey smart guy. A terrorist can be anyone, well-funded or not. I would be a terrorist if I attacked a political building or something of that sort for an extreme cause. The definition is simple. You democrats always find a way to twist definitions around to criticize someone else.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

Werd Bunny ..and....what I HAVE been saying...you can't prove/disprove a POSSIBLE event that HASN'T happened...that's why they're called HYPOTHETICAL !!

Let me understand you 9A...you are risking YOUR life...because you believe you are PERHAPS going to somehow prevent a hypothetical event....amazing

I must be a pussy....but I sure as hell wouldn't be risking my ass under that scenario & I am definitely not willing to give up my freedom b/c of it!

I'm more afraid of MY gov't (impossing marshal law, enforcing the Patriot Act etc.) than I am of some rag-tag gang of thugs 10000 miles away.
Hijacked airliners flying into buildings were 'Hypothetical' on Sept 10th 2001..When the biggest story was about Chadra Levy..
Every terroist attack is 'hypothetical' until it happens..I'd rather do my part to keep them in the realm of 'hypothetical'
I'd just rather you say 'thank you'..Or not,I don't really care.I'll do my job regardless.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush has LSD flashback

& Well that & fake documents..

I wonder what is more fake. The documents or the Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Users who are viewing this thread