Burn't my fake suede!!!

venom50

Established Member
Long Story Short. A friend and i got a little hammered last night . I smoke in my truck, well cuz its mine .But I let him have one and he burnt my seat. :cuss: Next morning im like f-ck!!!! Well anyways my other buddy owns an auto interior shop . He tells me to take it by and he can fix my fake suede insert. How Hard is this to fix, anyone know? Dam im pissed :fm:

RUNVS?

Established Member
No big deal. They un-stitch the damaged panel, cut a new one to match, and sew the replacement back in. Probably get out for less than $100.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I thought Ford has a copyright or some kind of a right on that exact color/brand of Alcantara and you can only get it through them? If thats the case make sure your friends Alcantara matches the color of the seats exactly or try to get the fabric through Ford... my .02 cents.. Stan

RUNVS?

Established Member
Two interior shops here in Houston (Westside Upholstery and Stitches) have done seat repairs and bucket seat mods for Lightnings and they can match the factory suede...... no problem.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
My thoughts on that part about Ford copyrighting the "Alcantara": worst case scenario would be that you'd have a panel of REAL suede. Haha. I was quoted $125 to replace the material on my side bolster......more if the padding needed to be redone.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Wow Im suprised no one slammed ya for smokin in the L. I was wondering just tonight what Id do if it happened to me since I too smoke in my L.

Gotta love this country, although it is becomming harder to be a smoker...

Vette Eater

Established Member
The Alcantara is NOT cheap...It's was $125.00 for one linear yard and all I needed it for was to cover my armrest, not to mention I got it at cost...that was a while back though, it may have come down some. By the way, i tried to amtch some suede to the factory Alcantara...In my best Dana Carvey impersonating Bush..."Not gun do ut"

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Yeah, you deserved it being burned for drinking and driving. I'm not innocent, but it ain't cool.

Don't let people smoke in your truck!!! I never even let hot girls smoke in mine. :bash:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Wow Im suprised no one slammed ya for smokin in the L. I was wondering just tonight what Id do if it happened to me since I too smoke in my L.

Gotta love this country, although it is becomming harder to be a smoker...

Ha ha ha ha, You guys must HATE my wife and I. We both smoke, everytime I get behind the wheel. I have never burnt anything. Not saying it can't happen, but hey, you take a risk in everything you do. When non smokers get in my truck, they always looked shooked to see my light a smoke. "You smoke in here?!" but they can't smell it when they get it.

And BTW, NOT KEWL WITH DRINKING AND DRIVEING!!! :poke: :burn: :bash:

CYA-LS1

F'n sexy
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Depends on the girl...... Stains suck
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You sick Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I smoke in my L and have not burned it...yet. On the drinking, I dont think it's smart at ALL!!! I have dont it many times and am not proud of it. You can fu%k up the L, get a D DUB, or kill someone. Thats not good. I live about 2 blocks from my watering hole, So there are times that I should not be driving the L, but about the only stupid thing I do is do a burn out. There is usually about 3 or 4 trans-am's and camaro's, plus a few cobra's that go up with me, so i'm not the only dumbass doing a burnout after a few cold beer's. But still its not good

Users who are viewing this thread