Burnt Copper Brembos

BRNG ITT

Established Member
2012 Boss 302, no matter how many times I've seen your avatar pic, those boobs remain as epic as the day i saw em haha to the op, brakes look awesome!

Looks good.

Thanks! :rockon:

Nice. Im wanting do mine but not sure if I should. What color I could go with that would look good with Lava Red.

Thank you. I was comparing Lava Red with a lot of different colors, but that looks like a tough one. If you want something that really stands out, I would suggest perhaps a bright yellow. Otherwise gloss black and clear coat would look nice.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I'm wanting to do the same thing with my Grabber Blue car but instead go with Brembo Gold.

Looks really good!

That would look killer IMO, which reminds me...

I'm dying to see a Kona blue car with the burnt copper calipers.

Ordie

Established Member
Thanks! :rockon:

Thank you. I was comparing Lava Red with a lot of different colors, but that looks like a tough one. If you want something that really stands out, I would suggest perhaps a bright yellow. Otherwise gloss black and clear coat would look nice.

Gloss black was on my list, but I'm getting Gloss Black Torq Thrust Wheels. They will either blend in to well or will look odd with so much gloss black.

The gold might look good though.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

squeak93

Established Member
Calipers are meant to POP. Gloss black will just be blah..... Of course I don't like the all black wheels on any car.... Black with polished lip, very acceptable... But with black wheels you definitely need some contrast for the calipers.

nissenc1337

Established Member
That would look killer IMO, which reminds me...

I'm dying to see a Kona blue car with the burnt copper calipers.

I wish you could've documented the whole process!

What all did you need to do to the caliper prior to painting? I'll pull motors all day but messing with brakes scares me!

I imagine cleaning, masking, and etc?

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I wish you could've documented the whole process!

What all did you need to do to the caliper prior to painting? I'll pull motors all day but messing with brakes scares me!

I imagine cleaning, masking, and etc?

I was going to document it, but I was able to find several writeups online, so I figured that I wouldn't be putting out any new info.

It's really not as difficult as I looks. My OCD tends to kick in with things like this, so I actually removed the calipers from the car (which is obvious in the pictures) vice taping everything up.

A good cleaning with brake parts cleaner being careful around the rubber parts, some taping, and then paint. Take your time, and apply in very thin and light coats. I applied the decals prior to clear coat.

Honestly, the biggest pain was bleeding the brakes, because my mityvac hand pump didn't want to get a very good seal othe bleeder screws.

Again, it's a lot easier than you would think, so don't procrastinate for several months like I did, and just go for it.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Finally got time to do the rears. I still would like to know why Ford didn't just finish off the aesthetic aspect of the Brembo package and at least put the 2 piston Brembo calipers in the back with a slightly larger rotor. I guess that's one thing Chevy did right with the Camaro's Brembo package.

(It's been raining several times a day here, so please ignore the dirty car. :banana:)

FF67A461-136E-4E1F-961A-9D5E1F137D65-3523-000001D1E4B20483.jpg

403836DF-E327-4AEB-AB0A-47F681390D7C-3523-000001D1DF1D1590.jpg

C2F4CC01-6A1D-457D-BB68-091B67C09639-3523-000001D1D239E81E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread