Burnout question.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Just got new tires, so I HAVE to burn the old ones off. ;-) I know that private parking lots are KIND OF exempt from normal traffic laws, but I just read that "reckless driving" can be ticketed in those. Would burn-outs be considered under that, or excessive display of power? Or... So on and so forth.
I live in/around Portland, OR, for possible sub/state-law reasons.

I know, I must be dense to have a Mustang and not know where around my place that I can do some smokey burnouts.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Will it really? I guess I won't be doing that then. Haha.
Wait a second, there might be drag racing at PIR tomorrow night. I'll have to check that out.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
You bet it will! That will get you a room in the Cross Bar Hotel. Are you willing to be a guest?

Can get you up to a 12 month reservation in VA along with $2500 in fines and your o/l suspended too.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I've never heard of such harsh consequences for that, just what my friend's parents say. Haha. I guess it was just the 60's and 70's.
So what about on empty backroads? If an Officer happens to be headed down that way, same consequences?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I've never heard of such harsh consequences for that, just what my friend's parents say. Haha. I guess it was just the 60's and 70's.
So what about on empty backroads? If an Officer happens to be headed down that way, same consequences?

That is reckless driving, it is a criminal charge and can be enforced ANYWHERE. Got it?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Not an "arrestable" offense in Ohio. Regardless, not really worth the ticket with nice fines associated with.

Can't you find a car show or something...some of them sponsor burnout contests...A reputable show will have the safety measures in place usually on a track where these things are allowed.

That would be my course of action if I was looking to finish off some tires. :burnout:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I guess the late night street drags start up tonight at the track in Portland. I'm gonna go there and burn 'em off.

And, that video is awesome and hilarious.

MLS

Established Member
Surely wreckless driving would not apply if you have a 1/8 mi driveway like me, right? It is gated and in the country. I mean if I can legally shoot guns on my property why not burnouts.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Can you legally smoke pot, screw prostitutes, or murder somebody on your property? Nope, don't think so. All criminal offenses like reckless driving in most states.

Don't hate the messenger.

Users who are viewing this thread