Burnout out with Michelin Pilot SS

lngebrown

Established Member
I have Michelin Pilots on my Shelby and I am wondering what gear to heat the tires and if it will really do much good to help launch the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
1st gear with tc off and yes cleaning and heating the tires before a launch will always help it hook up.

WolfBlitzer

Established Member
No a dumb question. How do you hold the car without a line lock

Rev the car up to whatever RPMs you need to do the burn out (3,000-4,500). Once your revs are up, let your foot off the clutch and put your foot on the brake (keep on the gas). Once you are done burning out, take your foot off the brake and accelerator (or to move forward, keep on the gas a bit).

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Don't forget to turn OFF the traction control or it will just stall during your burnout attempt. Don't ask me how I know.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
No a dumb question. How do you hold the car without a line lock

So dump the clutch and quickly put my left foot on the brake?

Rev the car up to whatever RPMs you need to do the burn out (3,000-4,500). Once your revs are up, let your foot off the clutch and put your foot on the brake (keep on the gas). Once you are done burning out, take your foot off the brake and accelerator (or to move forward, keep on the gas a bit).

Wolf is right, but you don't have to mash the brakes as hard as you can. You don't really want to engage the rear brakes, just enough to clamp the fronts. You may roll forward a bit at first but it really doesn't take a whole lot of brake pressure. I'm doing it in my avatar, actually. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread