Burnout/excessive noise ticket

Moreboost88

Established Member
Got a ticket for a burnout, is it just a fine? or is it points too? I looked on the fines chart and its not listed, I also called the court and since my ticket is not in the system yet, they could not tell me what the fines and/or points are.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Got a ticket for a burnout, is it just a fine? or is it points too? I looked on the fines chart and its not listed, I also called the court and since my ticket is not in the system yet, they could not tell me what the fines and/or points are.

Where was the ticket issued and what section of state code was the ticket issued under?

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I also have recieved one of these in ocean city MD for revving, it was a 2pts and 125$ fine I believe, this has been about 4yrs ago

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
In Texas they have done away with "exhibition of acceleration", and is now listed under "Racing" which is a Class B misdemeanor. Most municipalities have a city ordinance called excessive/sudden start or stop, giving the police officer an option to arrest for Racing or cite the driver for the ordinance.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Yes, that is a moving violation in MI. You will be assessed points per SOS (refer to their website for points assessment schedule- SOS - Point System ).

Eventually the district court will have your ticket info and it will "show up" in their system. If this is a very recent ticket, it may take a few days for it to show up in their computer system (even more so if it is Detroit - they are notorious for lengthy delays).

OR, depending on which district court it is, you may be able to look up this information online and save yourself some time:

Listings of MI district court websites:

Local Trial Court Links

Sounds like may want the 36th District (Detroit) court website?

Michigan's 36th District Court - Home Page

From there, select 36th District Traffic: Michigan's 36th District Court - Traffic

Moreboost88

Established Member
Yes, that is a moving violation in MI. You will be assessed points per SOS (refer to their website for points assessment schedule- SOS - Point System ).

Eventually the district court will have your ticket info and it will "show up" in their system. If this is a very recent ticket, it may take a few days for it to show up in their computer system (even more so if it is Detroit - they are notorious for lengthy delays).

OR, depending on which district court it is, you may be able to look up this information online and save yourself some time:

Listings of MI district court websites:

Local Trial Court Links

Sounds like may want the 36th District (Detroit) court website?

Michigan's 36th District Court - Home Page

From there, select 36th District Traffic: Michigan's 36th District Court - Traffic

Thanks for the info, I called the secretary of state and they said it is no points and $150 fine. He wrote me up for excessive noise, and I guess it is not considered a moving violation

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What is excessive noise anything beyond 85dB?
Or is it a vague rule on having a normal conversation or not?

The dB allowed generally varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. and can be state, county, or city. most of the ones I have seen are in the 75-85 dB range Whether the cop writes a ticket for it is pretty subjective and depends on the circumstances. Op got a HUGE break apparently

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The dB allowed generally varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. and can be state, county, or city. most of the ones I have seen are in the 75-85 dB range Whether the cop writes a ticket for it is pretty subjective and depends on the circumstances. Op got a HUGE break apparently

In Florida it is decided by distance from the vehicle in which the noise can be heard.

exdeath

Established Member
I also have recieved one of these in ocean city MD for revving, it was a 2pts and 125$ fine I believe, this has been about 4yrs ago

You're kidding me right? Do cars not rev to the red line when millions of people stomp the gas in their automatics on daily basis?

Unless you had retarded loud exhaust and were doing it in a place you knew better (private housing area or odd hours for example), that's completely bogus.

As long as we're pulling out SPL meters, I seriously doubt a Mustang even with an aftermarket exhaust can drown out the noise of an accelerating semi or school bus...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread