Burning rubber

1999yellowgt

Established Member
In New York State, what happens if you juice your car at a light just because you like your 4.10's? but you just sqeel the tire a little, no major burn out?

I didn't get any ticket but i was just wondering, thanks.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I say go for it ;-)

No, that would be called aggressive acceleration/wreckless driving = ticket and way too many points to risk. Don't do it... well, don't get caught :thumbsup:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
You will probably catch whatever officer is on patrol's attention, but as long as you dont do anything stupid, i doubt any officer would pull you over just for that.

jays98cobra

Established Member
careless or reckless driving ticket. basically its the easy catch all ticket. burning tires or squeeling off the light is more careless than doing a monster track like burnout but still its careless to the officer. remember u must be in full control of your vehicle at all times.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Well I got caught doing that same thing except I was in a.....1992 Caprice Classic w/ a big ol' 305 :D $300 later I have learned my lesson...it was wrote up as "laying drags"

jays98cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Imperial Pose
Had a similar ticket in NYS (Buffalo) once, written-up as "Imprudent Start" or something similar...

same thing in nj basically as careless driving...u know if this carried any points in ny??

jays98cobra

Established Member
if it was 2 than that would be the same thing as careless driving in nj...reckless driving in nj is 5 pts. racing on highway is 5 pts, mandatory court appearence and depending on the outcome if convicted mandatory 6 months loss of license and usually driving school depending on judge...hope no one ever gets that in a mustang...i can see giving it to a chevy guy though :) lol

grodgers

Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
Well I got caught doing that same thing except I was in a.....1992 Caprice Classic w/ a big ol' 305 :D $300 later I have learned my lesson...it was wrote up as "laying drags"

Many moons ago, when I lived in Texas, they would write the ticket as "Exhibition of Speed." :nono: It covered all from squealing tires to street racing.

At least that's what someone told me - I never had any experience with this when I was 18 and in Texas. ;-)

jays98cobra

Established Member
i like statues like that. direct and to the point and can be used for multiple things. easy to remember and easy to look up and write.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I got pulled over the other day for getting sideways out of a fast food joint. The officer gave me a lecture, told me to "Try and keep the Cobra in the Basket", and let me go. I think it depends entirely on the attitude of the officer at the time.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
I got pulled over a few years ago in my 96 cobra. I was in a turn around and came out kinda heavy on the gas and was possible I squealed the tires. Who knows, probably did but exhaust was loud so i could of. Received a ticket for "squealing tires". Also got one for no licences(on me) and for not signing the registration. All got dismissmed for a grand sum of $45. Officer wasnt to pleasant and reminded me that I was rather lucky the car wasnt going to be towed because I left my wallet at home with my license in it.
I thanked him and went on my way.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Got cought for "exhibition of speed" In my dads field pickup, an 86 f-250 4x4 with the might 6.9 diesel. Not sure how he could have seen or heard it becuase of straight pipe, and the black smoke covering the wheels, on the brick street, but it was a warning so I guess it was all cool.

S5Snake

Established Member
In Florida it would fall under the "catch all" statute of careless driving or it could be written as reckless depending on the location and time. Further more, with the exception of a cop assigned to a traffic unit, most cops won't bother you for "accidently" dumping the clutch at a traffic light unless you are a threat to other motorists. Who knows, if your in my neck of the woods I might even fire up the laser and give you your trap speeds. Remember a little respect goes a long way!

Users who are viewing this thread