Bumper question

Ryan427

Established Member
My dd 2000 gt got ran into the other day at work and broke my front bumper so I need a bumper cover. Called my local ford dealership to price a new cover and a 99-01 cobra bumper is cheaper then a gt bumper. $569 compared to $620. Does this sound right? Will a cobra bumper cover fit on my gt without gaps under the hood?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member
Last time I went to the Ford dealer they couldn't find me a 99/01 Cobra Bumper. They could only get V6/GT/Terminator parts. Do you happen to have the part number for it? I'd like to check with my dealer again if he can get the part.

To answer your question the 99/01 Cobra bumper should fit without gaps. It needs fog light bezels, different fog lights and a free standing horse for the grille though.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The 99/01 Bumper fits just like teh GT bumper, no fitment issues like with a 03/04 Bumper.

I'm actually surprised there's a 99/01 bumper available. They're incredibly hard to come by.

Keep in mind that while the bumper itself is cheaper, you'll need extra parts to make it work. Fog lights, fog light bezels and brackets and the free standing horse. By the time you add those, you're likely cheaper with the GT bumper.

Ryan427

Established Member
I'm receiving a check from the insurance company so I want to check my options. The guy asked if my car was a cobra and I told him it wasn't bit I would like the price for both. I called and it was the correct part number but it was discontinued. Typical of this dealership. Guess I will keep looking. Thanks for the help guys

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm receiving a check from the insurance company so I want to check my options. The guy asked if my car was a cobra and I told him it wasn't bit I would like the price for both. I called and it was the correct part number but it was discontinued. Typical of this dealership. Guess I will keep looking. Thanks for the help guys

I wouldn't hold your breath on finding a 99/01 bumper. They've been discontinued for years at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread