Bumper inserts

gamebred26

Established Member
kprp.jpg

be careful cause i melted my shit real easy..had to fill some shit and spray bumper. if they are on there long time they are a ****er to get off. i tried goof off ...floss...fishing string nada...i thought the chrome letters looked cheesy..like it much better with nothing.

Last edited:

rondog622

Established Member
Ok guys thanks. Ill start it tomorrow. Got my new inserts from bob white decals. Got ford blue reflective to go on my black cobra. Im excited about the combo
Ron

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
A heat gun might be overkill. Are they sticker inserts or those hard emblem inserts? For the emblem inserts i used a hair drier and fishing string, then followed up with a sticker/label remover i got at advance auto. If its sticker i would probably use the hair drier with the sticker/label remover and the edge of an old gift card/credit card. If found using a plastic card carefully i don't have to worry about scratches. I need the extra help because i have basically no fingernails.

oldmodman

Established Member
Another way is to dribble naptha (lighter fluid) on the back of the letters and let it loosen the double sided tape. It does not harm the paint.

gamebred26

Established Member
yeah i had the chrome metal shit...and i think the guy put them on in 2003 lol..so 10 years on there..i tried all kinds of shit ( not lighter fluid though )..and my buddy who was going to paint it anyway went ape shit on it and the screw driver went right into the bumper cause it was so hot...at that point we just said **** it.

Users who are viewing this thread