Bumped into a new 03/04 Cobra Owner

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I stopped at a light on El Camino today running an errand and low and behold next to a yellow 03/04 cobra driven by a middle-aged guy. He started the conversation my complimenting me on my exhaust, which btw made my day .. MotoX and I spent 2.5 days getting my headers on a couple months ago .. anyhoo he asked me what I had, I told him flowmaster catback and long tube headers. I asked him if he had done any mods to his cobra yet, he said no, in fact he just got it and was still breaking it in. I complimented him on how nice his car looked .. The light turned green meanwhile and impatient Californians behind us were honking .. Had I had a chance to talk to him more, or maybe he posts here, who knows, I would have mentioned May 28th and Sacramento Raceway .. i know some of you and myself will be there.

Anyhoo thought I'd share .. Always nice to meet another cool Cobra owner.

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Originally posted by FlatZ28
I spent 2.5 days getting my headers on a couple months ago

So the Camaro's engine bays are just as cramped as a Mustang uh? I always thought a stock Z28 sounded very good from the factory and I can only imagine with the Flows & headers :rockon:

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Re: Re: Bumped into a new 03/04 Cobra Owner

Originally posted by MattN03
So the Camaro's engine bays are just as cramped as a Mustang uh? I always thought a stock Z28 sounded very good from the factory and I can only imagine with the Flows & headers :rockon:
Ya it's pretty toight .. like a toiger .. ;-) We actually had to grind down this little stub created from when the engine block was cast to get the driver side header to squeeze up and in.

Stock they're alright if you're behind them, but my car sounded like a spaceship inside and driving ... now it sets off car alarms :D

Last edited:

God

Established Member
ive seen him on elCamino and Lafeyette..before getting to Apex..nice ride

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Yeah those headers were a major PITA! Worth it though, your car sounds awesome now!:rockon:

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
Yeah those headers were a major PITA! Worth it though, your car sounds awesome now!:rockon:
Oh .. here's one of those jerk 03 owners that helps you install headers ... the nerve! .... ;-) jk .. Thanks again chief .. ya fun but patience required.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I've just received confirmation that the car I saw was an 04 as it was not the 03 Zinc Yellow

Users who are viewing this thread